Place name search — TomTom Community

Place name search

Hi. Why does TomTom not easily find place names? Tried post code & points of interest whilst liking for a well known health centre. Then tried apple & google maps and both found it straight away! Not had tomtom long but has happened quite a few times already. Getting on my nerves already!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited April 7
    Hi
    @Spr

Which Tomtom iOS App or Tomtom PND device are you using ???

Is it possible to name the Health Centre ??? and some of the none personal Postcodes ???

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @spr

If you are inserting a Gap in the Postcode if so try again with no gap as TT does not work with the gaps.

If you are using a Current model PND go into Settings/ system and if search option set to Step by Step change to Quick Search if you can on your model.

Doug
  • sprspr Posts: 3 [New Seeker]

Hi yamfazman. TomTom go app iOS.
    Alexandra park health centre, moss side
    I didn’t know the post code at the time. Nothing showed up at all. Now you copy that into Apple or google maps and bang, there it is. I’ve had this a coupe of time in the short time I’ve had TomTom …
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @spr

The Whitswood Practice which is at the Alexanrda Park Health Centre is listed under Points of Interest on the Go Navigation IOS app.

The Postcode is M167AP

Doug
  • sprspr Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I know now but at the time I only had the title what it’s actually known as popularly and which is listed internally in NHS. Point being other maps knew this but not TomTom!