I PUT MY ACTIVATION CODE BUT IT SAYS SERVER IS BUSY — TomTom Community

I PUT MY ACTIVATION CODE BUT IT SAYS SERVER IS BUSY

ArashGhaffarzadehArashGhaffarzadeh Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I have been entering my activation code for two days but still gives me the error message

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited April 2020
    Hi @ArashGhaffarzadeh

I assume you want to update your VIA1505M with MyDrive Connect (MDC). Devices no longer need an activation code. Connect to MDC with your TomTom user account email and password activates your services.

Usually a clean reinstallation of MyDrive connect solves the problem "Busy Servers", but it may come back the next time you use MDC.

Look at the link below how to do it, try the second part of my message to avoid the return of the message "Busy Servers" each time you try to update your device.
    Delete the two hidden MDC folders "HOME3" and "MyDrive Connect" in MDC
    then
    uncheck the 2 options:
    - "Start MyDrive Connect when computer starts(recommended)"
    - "Automatically download updates between ...".
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695959/#Comment_1695959

It sounds a bit long and complicated but it is much easier to do than to read and it works for me.

Regards.
  • tollcrosstollcross Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I found by installing free Revo uninstaller...and uninstalling My Drive connect...then reinstalling My Drive Connect...everything is updating....
    Revo uninstaller removes all remnants of a program so it gives you a clean
    reinstall..
    After it runs initially...and finishes .. remember and click SCAN and delete everything that it picks up