TomTom Via LIVE no longer accessing Services after update — TomTom Community

TomTom Via LIVE no longer accessing Services after update

iggythebrushiggythebrush Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
Dear All, I've just connected my VIA LIVE to my computer in order to change maps. The device updated and now no longer accesses LIVE services - the network is off, and the display says "Status: Connection disabled (Sharing setting)". No SIM information is displayed.

I've tried the drum reboot, looked through settings menu for anything relevant, no joy. Help please!

Thanks

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi @iggythebrush

Could you try a factory reset on the device and check if it connects to LIVE Services?

- Tap on the map to bring up the Main menu
    - Tap on Settings
    - Find the option- Reset Factory Settings

If you have favourites stored/saved on the device please use MyDrive Connect to create a backup.

Regards
    Vikram
  • iggythebrushiggythebrush Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    edited April 2020
    Dear VikramK, I have tried both partial and full factory resets, this did not make any difference.
    The device still shows no SIM info, and network status is "connection disabled (sharing setting)"
    OK, by holding the on/off switch for much longer (boot text screen) and then carrying out another full factory reset, I was able to get the SIM information up again. However, it still won't connect to traffic info and the network info says "status: connecting" for over 30 minutes.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi @iggythebrush

Our 2nd Line team has created some jobs that will run in the background when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect.

The device could reboot during this process. Once done just do another soft reset and check if the device connects to LIVE Services.

Regards
    Vikarm
    Hi Vikram,
    I have tried connecting and updating twice, soft reset and factory reset - no difference.
    Ilya
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @iggythebrush

Have you checked the device outside with a clear view of the sky.

Doug
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @DougLap,

The gps is working fine (6 satellite lock, signal strength 57%), and the phone network strength is showing 3-4 bars. The battery is fully charged.

The connection status is showing "Connecting" permanently.

Ilya
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,473
    Superusers
    Hi
    @iggythebrush

If your still struggling to get a 1st GPS Fix
    Try....
    I have found with my Car parked on the drive, if I placed the device on the centre of the Cars roof (I used one of those 'Sticky' rubber mats to stop it sliding off the roof)
    The device will obtain it's first GPS Satellite lock more quickly... The metal roof of the Car acts as a ground-plane for the SatNav GPS Antenna and increases the signal strength

Test... GO 825 Live connected to a 5200 mAh battery power-pack... PND Displaying 'GPS Status Menu'
    (1)... Centre of Car roof (Parked on drive).....
    Signal strength 86% Connected Satellites 9
    (2)... Outside clear view to the sky.....
    Signal strength 61% Connected Satellites 6
    (3)... Indoors 1st floor one metre from window.....
    Signal strength 51% Connected Satellites 4
    (4)... Indoors ground floor one metre from window.....
    Signal strength 41% Connected Satellites 3

DON'T FORGET... If your using the cars roof
    Keep an eye on the device, you wouldn't want a family member driving off not knowing its on the roof or a Thief walking off with your SatNav

Also its a long drop from the Cars roof onto the hard surface of the drive, I doubt a SatNav would survive a fall like that

Use the above information at your own risk, the usual exclaimers apply

ATB YFM
    Thanks @YamFazMan ,

Just to reiterate - the GPS is working perfectly well, it's the LIVE services (traffic info) which the device suddenly can't connect to any more...
    Superuser
    Hi @iggythebrush

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
    @DougLap, thanks but I am not sorted... The issue is not the GPS reception, it's the connection to LIVE services.

Ilya
    Superuser
    Hi @iggythebrush

Did your unit reboot as @VikramK suggested in his post and did you do the Soft Reset after it was all done?

Doug
    Hi @DougLap, I am not sure whether the unit rebooted - it definitely updated something. I tried soft reset, partial and full factory reset after the update. I tried connecting it to the app several times.

Ilya
  • blue-joker1970blue-joker1970 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @iggythebrush

Could you try a factory reset on the device and check if it connects to LIVE Services?

- Tap on the map to bring up the Main menu
    - Tap on Settings
    - Find the option- Reset Factory Settings

If you have favourites stored/saved on the device please use MyDrive Connect to create a backup.

Regards
    Vikram

No live services for me to
    Dit try anything
    Nothing works
  • smarczak260smarczak260 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    edited April 2020
    Same here on GO 6000

QQ3463G00519

Services not available since last update, can't log in to mydrive or activate traffic
    GPRS is coected, GPS works fine
    Whenever I try to log in to Mydrive I get
    " Oops. We're having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later ".

I've never had this issue before.

Any one has any idea what might be causing it???
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,473
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @smarczak260
    Welcome to the site
    Same here on GO 6000
    QQ************
    Services not available since last update, can't log in to mydrive or activate traffic
    GPRS is connected, GPS works fine
    " Oops. We're having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later "
    Do you mean MyDrive in the device or MyDrive connect ???
    Re... MyDrive connect
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or... Instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program... To be just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214

JimB0b wrote: »
    Thanks @YamFazMan
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

ATB YFM
  • MaxW54MaxW54 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the exact same problem. I cannot connect to Traffic in any way. My subs run until Oct 2020. My SIM has 3 bars and is fully visible in settings. Latest map installed v1047.10158 and, according to MyDrive, the device is also fully up to date. I have tried every reset I can find but it will not connect.
    No solution. TomTom either don't know what's causing it, or are pretending not to know. After 10 days of vague reset suggestions, all they are offering is 20% off the purchase of a new device.
    As if I would want to buy another one from them, only for it to stop working for no reason. My main reason for using TomTom was Live traffic services - which I have paid for but not received for the full purchased period.
  • smarczak260smarczak260 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @smarczak260
    Welcom to the site
    Same here on GO 6000
    QQ************
    GPRS is connected, GPS works fine
    " Oops. We're having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later "
    Do you mean MyDrive in the device or MyDrive connect ???
    Re... MyDrive connect
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or... Instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program... To be just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214

JimB0b wrote: »
    Thanks @YamFazMan
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

ATB YFM

It is the Mydrive o the device that is the issue.
    Before I did the reset it would say connected, service unavailable.

Now it simply won't log. As if there was no GPRS connection. But I can confirm GPRS up and running logged in to 23415 which is Vodafone UK.
  • halo572halo572 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here, but it was before I updated it yesterday evening to 'fix' the traffic problem, so it was happening BEFORE I updated it for a very long time.

No traffic on a 2 hour round trip, mydrive dropping ina nd out of being logged in.
  • MaxW54MaxW54 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 2020
    Update: I have done a full laptop uninstall using an uninstaller program and a device reset and it still won't connect to Live Traffic. Just get the constantly rotating "star of death" then the yellow warning triangle. It just keeps saying that it "could not establish a wireless data connection."
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    There's an update from VikramK in the thread here. I suggest we follow this for the latest on the problem.
    It was probably a fault in the system, rather than on individual devices. On Sunday, I switched on the device and it connected without any issues.