Lifetime Map Showing Expiry Date — TomTom Community

Lifetime Map Showing Expiry Date

Just browsing on My Drive Connect and it is showing my Go400 Lifetime Europe map as expiring 2023 -11-08. This is one day before the small UK map added as a keeper is set to expire. What is going on ?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited April 5
    Hi
    @moleratc

Tomtom FAQ... What are Lifetime Services?
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/id/9/locale/en_gb

Tomtom FAQ... What are Lifetime Maps?
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/name/Lifetime/page/4

ATB YFM
  • moleratcmoleratc Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 5
    Not really answered. I don't think the Go400 is coming up to EOL yet. It used to show as lifetime or some such but now gives a date.
    Superusers
    edited April 5
    Hi
    @moleratc

The GO 400 is in the same NAV4 Range as the GO 5000/6000 etc..

Tomtom FAQ... Find the model of your navigation device and what software it updates through....
    Check Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB

Result... GO 400 Serial Number Starting 'QL' & 'QM'... Your device is a TomTom GO 400 with 8GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.
    Your device is fully supported through phone and email. You can also get help through our user forum and FAQs

ATB YFM
    Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up.
    Superusers
    edited April 6
    Hi
    @moleratc
    This "Discussion" about Lifetime Maps having an expiry date in MDrive Connect has been going on for years (Mikko was replying to the same queries back in 2017)
    As far as I recall, the expiry date is is more or less a placeholder that can be extended/updated as required....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @moleratc

Subscriptions although Lifetime can't have an indefinite date. The embedded services for any device that come with lifetime services will always have a cutoff date.

The term Lifetime is defined correctly on the website link which @YamFazMan mentioned above.

If the device is not EOL then the subscriptions get auto-extended. Additionally, you can also contact the customer service to sort out the account if the updates are not offered.

Furthermore, TomTom has honoured rolling out map updates to devices which have been declared EOL but were sold with lifetime maps.

Regards
    Vikram.
    Thanks for the replies. Strange that a date has only recently appeared though.
  • Willem66Willem66 Posts: 9 [Neophyte Traveler]
    All,
    Had same issue, just before the update service for the maps were about to expire, they were automatically extended by 5 years =)

Logged on today and the expiry has updated to 2028