Updating maps and Live services Carminat live for renault scenic (2014) — TomTom Community

Updating maps and Live services Carminat live for renault scenic (2014)

SPerkinsSPerkins Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Good evening,
I have just bought a second hand Renault Scenic TomTom dynamique (2014). The previous owner apparently took their memory card from the vehicle, so I purchased a new one which is 'Europe Carminat TomTom Live, version 10.15. I was told this was the latest 2019-2020 map, but I see that there is now 10.45 version.

I decided that I wanted to buy the year subscription of map updates, and also Live services, as I was unsure whether they were all included in the card I bought. I rather hastily bought 1 year Europe and SA map updates and also Europe live services, totaling around £110. I now can't download these to the memory card, and when I think I have and reinsert the memory card in my car it is still showing versiuon 10.15, and it doesn't seem to be able to find Live Services, I am however, sonce buying the original card, getting spped camera notifications.

I am REALLY confused about what I have, what I have purchased and what I actually need. Please can anyone help me?

Many thanks,

Sally

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,491 Superuser
    Hi @SPerkins

Hopefully @VikramK can help you tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,253 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @SPerkins

Welcome to the community!

I see you have ordered two different services-

1. Europe map update services 2. LIVE Services

The first one will offer new maps during the year which are released every quarter.
    The second will enable the device to receive LIVE traffic information and speed camera updates when you are navigating on a planned route.

Both are compatible with your device. However, I think there is a pre-installed UK and ROI map of version 10.15 installed as well.

Could you check if there are two maps installed-http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11058/

Regards
    Vikram
  • SPerkinsSPerkins Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @VikramK thank you for your response. I have now removed the Europe 10.15 map from the card which now just leaves a UK and ROI map version 10.45. Is this the one I need for the subscription I have paid for? Or should I be using the most recent Europe map (the only one I can see is version 1.11). Also if I was getting speed camera alerts with the original card, before I purchased the two additional packages does this mean I already had active live services? Thanks again for your help, Sally
    edited April 1
    @SPerkins
    SPerkins wrote: »
    I have now removed the Europe 10.15 map from the card which now just leaves a UK and ROI map version 10.45. Is this the one I need for the subscription I have paid for?

Hi Sally

That is completely your choice depending on your travel requirements. Your currently have the subscription for Europe map updates. If you wish you can install the full map or regions using TomTom HOME.

Map version 10.45 is the latest released in February 2020
    SPerkins wrote: »
    Also if I was getting speed camera alerts with the original card, before I purchased the two additional packages does this mean I already had active live services?

Speed camera update is combined service included in the LIVE Services package you ordered. So you will continue to receive those updates twice every week (Tuesday and Thursday) - TomTom HOME and these also get updated over the air when you are travelling on a planned route.

Thank you
    Vikram
  • symbolsymbol Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I just purchased the tomtom live services in my carminat live but nothing changed after enabling the service in my vehicle! i get the spinning wheel and nothing happends. sometimes i get the 'no live icon symbol' on the map screen.

I am situated in Malta
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,491 Superuser
    Hi @symbol

Seems in the Current situation with people working from home and its having been a weekend things are taking longer. Maybe if @VikramK picks this up he can look at your account and sort if necessary . Not seen him on forum today so maybe tomorrow.

Doug
    Hi doug

That would be great because to honest I m afraid i paid for the service and won't get anything in return. Thanks for your help and i hope that this issue will be resolved.

Thanks mate
    Ian
    Hi @symbol

The previous subscription for LIVE Services ended in 2015 and so it looks like the SIM card in the device has been deactivated.

See this FAQ

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK.
    Yes but just paid last Saturday for a year of live services.. it means it hasn't been activated yet maybe??c9cqq2wosvly.jpg
    Is there a way to reactivate the sim card? Im trying to reach customer care but given the covid situation there is no live chat and i didn't receive any emails.