GO600 Update Hangs — TomTom Community

GO600 Update Hangs

Ebyson73Ebyson73 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I received a used GO600 from my brother in law. I have been trying to update it. MyDrive Connect says I have to install the Navcore update, but every time I try it it just stops updating. It shows that it downloaded the update and is updating the device, but never does anything. I have kept it hooked up overnight and still nothing. I am using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.15. Any ideas? This as screen shot of where it hangs. qqci1rjeahas.png

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,253 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Ebyson73

Welcome to the community!

The logs show that there is not enough space on the internal memory to install the map.

I have activated a small map(Venezuela) which I would recommend that you install it on the internal memory first.

Use a 16GB memory card(Class 10) to expand the memory and then try installing the USA, Canada & Mexico map on it.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Ebyson73Ebyson73 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    It won't let me do anything until I do the Nav4 update. I can't even get to the part where it updates/changes my maps. It just hangs on the Nav4 update part.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,253 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Ebyson73

I have asked the team to create some jobs in the backend, please check for updates in MyDrive Connect. Some items will be removed and the device will reboot automatically creating free space to install the Navkit(firmware)

After the reboot check for updates again in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Ebyson73Ebyson73 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited April 1
    That worked. Thank you!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,493 Superusers
    edited April 1
    Hi
    @Ebyson73

See Tomtom Video 'No Maps Found'

Install the small map(Venezuela)

The GO 600 is a NAV4 Device with 8GB of On-Board Memory... The Full Europe map size is now 9GB+ and exceeds the device memory, you will need to install a 16GB or 32GB (Max size) Class10 Micro SDHC Memory card....
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    ATB YFM