Updating maps on GO Basic — TomTom Community

Updating maps on GO Basic

gruppogruppo Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited March 25 in Map installation
hello everyone I use windows 10. With my tom tom go basic, today I made updates, but when it gets to download the map it crashes at 35%, and it tells me internet connection problem, try again when the connection is active. So my connection has no problems, what should I do? I have done this 5 times it always crashes, who can help me now my tom tom is blocked having no maps. as I can there are no simpler alternatives. With the old device when I used tom tom home never had problems, with this new one always freezes aspect news thanks

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,026 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @gruppo

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend. Disconnect the device from the computer and do a soft reset(press and hold the ON/OFF button till you hear the drum sounds)

Connect the device to MyDrive Connect and the script generated in the backend by our team will execute. The device could reboot during this process.

I have also activated a small map of France(we don't have a single or a small map of Italy) . I would suggest that you install this map on the internal memory of the device to avoid a no maps situation.

When installing map updates its important that you are using a fast internet connection which is not blocked by a firewall or antivirus software installed on the computer.

See more under Case 3.1:https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found#latest

Regards
    Vikram
  • gruppogruppo Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 25
    dear VikramK, i'm downloading france map but after what i have to do i need the european one. If it still hangs? the connection has nothing in order, after I put the france map if it doesn't crash, how do I install the europe map? I repeat yesterday, updating the Europe map, it got stuck what do I do if France installs itself? I await news

Mod edit: Machine translated(Italian)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,026 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @gruppo

Let the France map install first, and then we can try Europe.

Regards
    Vikram
    ok provo ed aggiorno consigli scaricarla sulla memoria tomtom, o scheda esterna?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,221 Superuser
    Hi @gruppo

The European map is too big to fit on the internal memory so you need to replace the extra memory card with a larger capacity one if it is not big enough to accept the new map..

Once the France map has loaded, which it will be on the internal memory as it will fit there, then you can insert a new 16gb or max 32 gb card in the extra memory slot and format it for Maps. Once you have done that then you can download the Europe map which will be loaded on the extra memory card as it is too big to fit on the internal memory as well as the France Map.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,156 Superusers
    Hi
    @gruppo

Further to Doug's Post See... Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

ATB YFM
    edited March 26
    hello everyone I'm the France map has been successful. Now I select Europe map and I'm downloading it on the external sd card. But it is very slow, I wanted to know why it does not make me select an area of ​​Europe would be lighter. Download whole Europe and if it crashes how do I do it? i only have France map

Machine translated(Italian)
    edited March 25
    Hi
    @gruppo
    Google Tranlate....
    gruppo wrote: »
    hello everyone I'm the France map has been successful. Now I select Europe map and I'm downloading it on the external sd card. But it is very slow, I wanted to know why it does not make me select an area of ​​Europe would be lighter. Download whole Europe and if it crashes how do I do it? i only have France map
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

ATB YFM
    edited March 26
    YamFazMan,
    I did not understand your answer I am doing this but it is very slow and I think it freezes like yesterday
    edited March 26
    update successful now you can tell me how can i install a map of a part of europe on the device to eliminate france map thanks
    edited March 26
    hi I had a problem with my tom tom go basic. Now after many times they have managed to update Europe map. Through the forum, however, they sent me a map of France, to be put in the memory of the device, so as to make sure that the Europe update did not stop. Now I do not need the map of France, I would like to have the possibility of having the Europe map being heavy on the card, and on the device a map of a selectable area of Europe as before the aggironamento I was able to do. But now it does not make me select the area to put on the device. How can I. Can't you send me the areas to choose as I could do before? I wait for news I repeat to remove France and have areas that interest me before I could do it I wait for news. They always told me on the forum that I have to call you, but today your phone was not going. I am waiting for news thanks diego
    edited March 25
    Hi
    @gruppo
    Google Translate....
    gruppo wrote: »
    successful update now you can tell me how can i install a map of a part of europe on the device to eliminate france map thanks
    (1)... You have now installed the Map of France onto the on-board Memory

(2)... Leave the France Map on the on-board Memory to act as a Keeper See Note (1)

(3)... Install a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card....
    The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is around 9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

(4)... MyDrive connect Main sreeen... Select the 'MY CONTENT' menu... Screen top left in MyDrive Connect

(5)... Scroll to the bottom of the MDConnect screen to 'MY SERVICES'...
    Hover over The Europe Map and Click the ' v ' on the Map Icon....
    cvfkkce516jn.jpg

(6)... Click on Manage your Map....
    hj7qmnq1tzv1.jpg

(7)...Click on Install Smaller Map...
    gie347muxkqn.jpg

For Map Options see Vikrams (Tomtom Moderator) Post....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

Note (1).... The smaller map will act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
    edited March 26
    czzktxiwbfxm.png
    then I install the program on windows 10 but it appears I attach photos I don't download any map how do I select them I don't see them I ask for help I attach photos of what I see in my my drive connect, and I can't select any map I don't find where to select the areas you can help
    edited March 27
    i8hmy85pnl3o.png

NOW I TRY TO RE-UPDATE THE PROGRAM AND THE ONE ATTACHED APPEARS MY PROGRAM WILL NOT SHOW ME UPDATES I HAVE WINDOWS 10 HUNT YOU HELP ME? I'M STUCK
    edited March 27
    HAPPY THEN I DO HOW I SAID REMOVE THE SIM CARD, I TRY TO UPDATE THE MAP, BUT AT 35% IT SAYS IMPOSSIBLE TO UPDATE WAITING FOR CONNECTION, I REPEAT THE CONNECTION WORKING I TRY TO REMOVE THE WI FI BUT ZERO YOU CAN STOP THE MAPS ARE WAITING
    edited March 27
    POOR ASSISTANCE TRANSFERS CALLS TO EGYPT AND FALLS LINE, ABSURD SATELLITE CHANGE NEVER AGAIN WITH TOM TOM YOU DO SUCCE NOBODY HELP ME JUST SEND A LINK AND DOWNLOAD THE MAP YOU ARE PENALTY
    edited March 27
    THEN REPEAT:
    I USE THE PC AT HOME
    CONNECTION OK
    ANTIVIRUS I DON'T HAVE
    FIREWEEL DISABLED EVERYTHING
    OTHER PCS I CANNOT USE IT ARE NOT A PC STORE
    MY DRICE CONNECT is ACTIVE, BUT IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE IMAGES I HAVE ATTACHED IN THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE, I DO NOT SEE UPDATES AND OPTIONS
    LEAVING IT ALL CONNECTED ALL NIGHT IS NOT REQUIRED BECAUSE AS SAID 100 TIMES, AT 35% IT BLOCKS AND CANNOT START AGAIN I MUST START IT AGAIN

I ask for assistance by phone and you do not do it, I ask you to send me a map to be installed, it is the fastest and easiest thing and you do not do it, I do not know what to say except as I said I will publish an article on your assistance you really **** and do not solve problems.
    edited March 27
    THEN NOW IS BLOCKED SAYS:
    OPS NO INTERNET CONNECTION
    WOELOAP INTERRUPTED, WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE CONNECTION WILL BE, INTERRUPT DOWOLNAD OR OK LOCKED LOCKED REPEAT DOES NOT WORK **** BUT SEND ME A MAP. YOU ARE OWN NOT SERIOUS ABSTRACT SEND THE MAAPA SO THAT IT CAN DOWNLOAD FOLLOW ALL YOUR DIRECTIVES DIABILED EVERYTHING BUT IT BLOCKS AND DOES NOT START