Map deleted whilst adjusting to smaller map - Brought today, now no map???

Markian1
Markian1 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I purchased a Start 52 whihc includes lifetime maps EU - however whilst adjusting the map to a smaller version of it (just western Europe), the map update was stopped halfway by an error and now my maps are all gone.

I need this sorting asap due to myself being a new driver relying on this satnav.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @Markian1
    Welcome to the site....
    Depending if you have a 8GB or 16GB Start 52 ???

dto6gh9suqyp.jpg
    If your NAV4 Start 52 Device has 8GB of On-Board Memory... The Full Europe map size is now 9GB+ and exceeds the device memory, you will need to install a 16GB or 32GB (Max size) Class10 Micro SDHC Memory card....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check for any live Map subscriptions and if required will allocate a small Map to act as a keeper
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,808
    edited March 2020
    Hi @Markian1

Welcome to the community!

I reviewed your account and found that there are no subscription for active maps.

I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend to fix this. Additionally, I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI. Try installing the UK and ROI map onto the internal memory of the device.

A small map will get your device up and running. You can then install the Europe map which is active for the device now.

Regards
    Vikram