Rider 550 wont start or reboot — TomTom Community

Rider 550 wont start or reboot

BalbarmyBalbarmy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,
I wonder if anyone else has this problem,
After not using my Rider 550 for a few months on start up it keeps crashing and displaying the red cross screen.
If tried to reboot but have failed every time to get the cog symbol meaning that its rebooting.
TomTom connect keeps trying to repair it but I cant get it to reboot therefore it wont repair.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Many thanks.

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 477 [Supreme Pioneer]
    First try to charge it for two hours.

Then a Drum reset.
    If that doesn’t work retry the recovery mode with MyDrive Connect.
  • BalbarmyBalbarmy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks for the reply.
    It says I have 98% charge and I have tried both the drum reset and the recovery
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Balbarmy

One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat....
    The lager capacity battery of the NAV4 & NAV5 Rider devices, will take longer than a NAV4 & NAV5 Car device to fully charge....

ATB YFM
  • Kipper KendallKipper Kendall Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    I have this problem too!!! I'm working with support now to resolve but no joy. Been in continuous use so battery should be good. Would not start up, said connect to pc. Keeps trying to restore but when MyDrive Connect finishes, unit gets about 80% restart then fails!! HELP!!!
    Hi,
    As mine is under 2 years old I was able to send it back under warranty. Received it back after 7 days of sending it.
    They apparently couldn’t replicate the problem but have uploaded the latest software and given me a new charging cable which could have been the problem.
    That seems to have cured it... when I store it over winter next time I will be sure to turn it off and not leave it in standby!
  • Kipper KendallKipper Kendall Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Mines on way back too!
    👍🏽