Rider 500 EU map expired on brand new device — TomTom Community

Rider 500 EU map expired on brand new device

HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

Yesterday my brand new PND arrived, and after I set it up and run the update via wifi, I realized the EU map was not updated, still on 1035. Then I went to the My Products page, and seen the lifetime map update is not active or expired or something, as shown in the screenshot. I can renew it for a fee...
Any idea how to fix it?

thanks
David

Best Answer

Answers

  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited March 21
    Hi
    @HaDeSz

    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will check your Account status and on Monday activate any Lifetime Maps etc ....

    ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited March 23
    Hi @HaDeSz

    Welcome to the community!

    The Lifetime subscription for map updates are active for the device, but they are in the pending status.

    Do a factory reset and log in again to TomTom services using your TomTom account(email and password) on the device.

    Factory reset-

    Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device

    Regards
    Vikram
  • HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 23
    Hi @VikramK

    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately did not help. After reset there was a 300 bytes community map update, but EU map is still on 1035.
    Does it matter, what language I select at the beginning (chose en-us for an EU device, but Switzerland as country)?

    EDIT: did a 2nd reset I chose an hungarian as lang, and CH as country, still nothing...

    thanks,
    David
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited March 23
    Hi David

    Just do a soft reset and check for updates now. The map should be offered for download.



    Did you purchase the RIDER 500 with Europe Lifetime maps on our webshop?

    Regards
    Vikram
  • HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 23
    Hi @VikramK ,

    I turned on the device, and it is updating now.

    I bought the device from a swiss online store (microspot.ch), as I live there. On the box and website it is advertised as "Lifetime European maps"
    https://microspot.ch/de/--c441000/tomtom-rider-500--p0001497633

    Shall get in touch with the store?

    EDIT: I saw, the lifetime license is gone on my account and a 1 year update is activated per country... what will happen after the 1 year?

    thanks,
    David
  • HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

    i hope so too, thanks again for helping me out.
    I'll check the account in a week or so, and get back here, if still see the 1 year subscription only

    Thanks,
    David
  • MechB77MechB77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK !

    I have the same problem.
    My account has not been activated properly.
    I've tried full reset and soft reset as well.

    I bought the device last week in a online store. (https://www.pcland.hu/tomtom-1gf000200euwifilifetime-motoros-tt-rider-500-eu?forras=3)

    Can you help me too?

    Thanks in advance!

    Beci
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @MechB77

    Welcome to the community!

    Just do a soft reset on the device and check for updates again.

    I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend.

    Regards
    Vikram
  • MechB77MechB77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK ,

    thank you very much for your help!

    Despite the resets, I couldn’t update the map either, but a 1 year tracking appeared in my account, after which I was able to download a fresh map manually to the device.
    I think soon the 1 year will switch to a Lifetime period and everything will be fine from now on.

    Thanks again for the help!
  • HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @MechB77

    it was the same for me, some time later the 1 yr was upgraded to lifetime

    Cheers,
    D
  • MechB77MechB77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @HaDeSz

    thanks for the info and the original post, helped me a lot too!

    BR,
    Beci
  • AxRxAxRx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 5
    Hi @VikramK ,
    I didn't want to start a new thread for the same issue.
    I have purchased my TomTom Rider 500 with Lifetime Updates through Amazon and have the same problem. My map version is Europe 10.35 and I didn't receive an update.
    I already tried a soft reset.
    Could you help me out please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Rgds,
    Axel
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited June 8
    @AxRx

    Hey Axel,

    The subscriptions for map updates have been fixed for your RIDER 500. Please check for updates now :)

    Regards, Vikram
  • AxRxAxRx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK
    Thank you Vikram!
    I noticed that I have a "SpeedCams" active and a "Speed Cameras" not installed.
    I understand that the "Speed Cameras" is not relevant as the "SpeedCams" is enough.
    Could you confirm?
    Thanks again!
    Regards, Axel
  • IffIff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 8
    VikramK wrote: »
    @AxRx

    Hey Axel,

    The subscriptions for map updates have been fixed for your RIDER 500. Please check for updates now :)

    Regards, Vikram

    Hello!

    Same issue here (as a first post). Soft reload and factory reset didn't help (stuck with 1035 map. Just bought tomtom rider 500 from EU amazon)
  • IffIff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Iff wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    @AxRx

    Hey Axel,

    The subscriptions for map updates have been fixed for your RIDER 500. Please check for updates now :)

    Regards, Vikram

    Hello!

    Same issue here (as a first post). Soft reload and factory reset didn't help (stuck with 1035 map. Just bought tomtom rider 500 from EU amazon)

    UPD. Issue was fixed by TomTom customer support.
  • VASAVVASAV Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello!
    I've maybe the same issue. Brand New TomTom RIDER bought in Italy KG4209I01580, got software update at 19.201.0010.411 (0) 27/09/2019 but Europe Map doesn't get update and is still v1011.9040 (publishe 05/2018). In TomTom account details I'm reading "Expired, renew" but It's brand new with lifetime maps. Somebody can help me?
  • VASAVVASAV Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VASAV wrote: »
    Hello!
    I've maybe the same issue. Brand New TomTom RIDER bought in Italy KG4209I01580, got software update at 19.201.0010.411 (0) 27/09/2019 but Europe Map doesn't get update and is still v1011.9040 (publishe 05/2018). In TomTom account details I'm reading "Expired, renew" but It's brand new with lifetime maps. Somebody can help me?

  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited June 26
    Hi
    @NikkoTorques
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VASAVVASAV Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you very much.
    Regards
    Saverio
  • VASAVVASAV Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VASAV wrote: »
    VASAV wrote: »
    Hello!
    I've maybe the same issue. Brand New TomTom RIDER bought in Italy KG4209I01580, got software update at 19.201.0010.411 (0) 27/09/2019 but Europe Map doesn't get update and is still v1011.9040 (publishe 05/2018). In TomTom account details I'm reading "Expired, renew" but It's brand new with lifetime maps. Somebody can help me?
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @NikkoTorques
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

    Hello YFM
    so far no upgrades have been made on maps that are 2 years old on a brand new navigator. When will you fix the problem?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0