Rider 500 EU map expired on brand new device — TomTom Community

Rider 500 EU map expired on brand new device

HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

Yesterday my brand new PND arrived, and after I set it up and run the update via wifi, I realized the EU map was not updated, still on 1035. Then I went to the My Products page, and seen the lifetime map update is not active or expired or something, as shown in the screenshot. I can renew it for a fee...
Any idea how to fix it?

thanks
David

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited March 21
    Hi
    @HaDeSz

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will check your Account status and on Monday activate any Lifetime Maps etc ....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited March 23
    Hi @HaDeSz

Welcome to the community!

The Lifetime subscription for map updates are active for the device, but they are in the pending status.

Do a factory reset and log in again to TomTom services using your TomTom account(email and password) on the device.

Factory reset-

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device

Regards
    Vikram
  • HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 23
    Hi @VikramK

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately did not help. After reset there was a 300 bytes community map update, but EU map is still on 1035.
    Does it matter, what language I select at the beginning (chose en-us for an EU device, but Switzerland as country)?

EDIT: did a 2nd reset I chose an hungarian as lang, and CH as country, still nothing...

thanks,
    David
    edited March 23
    Hi David

Just do a soft reset and check for updates now. The map should be offered for download.

Did you purchase the RIDER 500 with Europe Lifetime maps on our webshop?

Regards
    Vikram
    edited March 23
    Hi @VikramK ,

I turned on the device, and it is updating now.

I bought the device from a swiss online store (microspot.ch), as I live there. On the box and website it is advertised as "Lifetime European maps"
    https://microspot.ch/de/--c441000/tomtom-rider-500--p0001497633

Shall get in touch with the store?

EDIT: I saw, the lifetime license is gone on my account and a 1 year update is activated per country... what will happen after the 1 year?

thanks,
    David
    Hi Vikram,

i hope so too, thanks again for helping me out.
    I'll check the account in a week or so, and get back here, if still see the 1 year subscription only

Thanks,
    David
  • MechB77MechB77 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK !

I have the same problem.
    My account has not been activated properly.
    I've tried full reset and soft reset as well.

I bought the device last week in a online store. (https://www.pcland.hu/tomtom-1gf000200euwifilifetime-motoros-tt-rider-500-eu?forras=3)

Can you help me too?

Thanks in advance!

Beci
    Hi @MechB77

Welcome to the community!

Just do a soft reset on the device and check for updates again.

I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @VikramK ,

thank you very much for your help!

Despite the resets, I couldn’t update the map either, but a 1 year tracking appeared in my account, after which I was able to download a fresh map manually to the device.
    I think soon the 1 year will switch to a Lifetime period and everything will be fine from now on.

Thanks again for the help!
    Hi @MechB77

it was the same for me, some time later the 1 yr was upgraded to lifetime

Cheers,
    D
    Hi @HaDeSz

thanks for the info and the original post, helped me a lot too!

BR,
    Beci
  • AxRxAxRx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 5
    Hi @VikramK ,
    I didn't want to start a new thread for the same issue.
    I have purchased my TomTom Rider 500 with Lifetime Updates through Amazon and have the same problem. My map version is Europe 10.35 and I didn't receive an update.
    I already tried a soft reset.
    Could you help me out please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Rgds,
    Axel
    edited June 8
    @AxRx

Hey Axel,

The subscriptions for map updates have been fixed for your RIDER 500. Please check for updates now :)

Regards, Vikram
  • AxRxAxRx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK
    Thank you Vikram!
    I noticed that I have a "SpeedCams" active and a "Speed Cameras" not installed.
    I understand that the "Speed Cameras" is not relevant as the "SpeedCams" is enough.
    Could you confirm?
    Thanks again!
    Regards, Axel
  • IffIff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 8
    VikramK wrote: »
    @AxRx

Hey Axel,

The subscriptions for map updates have been fixed for your RIDER 500. Please check for updates now :)

Regards, Vikram

Hello!

Same issue here (as a first post). Soft reload and factory reset didn't help (stuck with 1035 map. Just bought tomtom rider 500 from EU amazon)
  • IffIff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Iff wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    @AxRx

Hey Axel,

Regards, Vikram

Hello!

Same issue here (as a first post). Soft reload and factory reset didn't help (stuck with 1035 map. Just bought tomtom rider 500 from EU amazon)

UPD. Issue was fixed by TomTom customer support.
  • VASAVVASAV Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello!
    I've maybe the same issue. Brand New TomTom RIDER bought in Italy KG4209I01580, got software update at 19.201.0010.411 (0) 27/09/2019 but Europe Map doesn't get update and is still v1011.9040 (publishe 05/2018). In TomTom account details I'm reading "Expired, renew" but It's brand new with lifetime maps. Somebody can help me?
    VASAV wrote: »
    Hello!
    I've maybe the same issue. Brand New TomTom RIDER bought in Italy KG4209I01580, got software update at 19.201.0010.411 (0) 27/09/2019 but Europe Map doesn't get update and is still v1011.9040 (publishe 05/2018). In TomTom account details I'm reading "Expired, renew" but It's brand new with lifetime maps. Somebody can help me?

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited June 26
    Hi
    @NikkoTorques
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you very much.
    Regards
    Saverio
    Hello!
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @NikkoTorques
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Hello YFM
    so far no upgrades have been made on maps that are 2 years old on a brand new navigator. When will you fix the problem?