How come the maps get worse and worse over the years after update. — TomTom Community

How come the maps get worse and worse over the years after update.

Pjotr2020Pjotr2020 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited March 2020 in Map quality
Just back from France, and there the speeds displayed by TOM TOM are less and less correct with the real indications, so absolutely not reliable. Furthermore, a frustration if you report a change of, for example: reversing the direction of travel, it takes weeks, sometimes months, before this is changed. with Google Maps it is okay within a week. not to say the next day. With Kind Regards Peter

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)

Answers

• lostonA14J31lostonA14J31 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have limited experience as I only recently bought my latest satnav.
    I note that the A14 Huntingdon bypass has been completed but not yet showing on the latest map-updates 3 months later. But it is worse that that, the last update actually gets it wrong at A14, junction 31. Previously junction 31 was correct in that that the slip road going East was OK and now it isn't. Its now a dead end! So my satnav turns me off at junction 30 and rejoin at junction 32!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,248
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @lostonA14J31

The A14 Routing bug in known and under investigation....
    A14 search results... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/search?Search=A14
    ATB YFM
  • brunoskybrunosky Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The new update of V10.40 map of South Africa is not user friendly. You have to find the province, the town,the suburb-of which there are many and then finally the road to eventually get to the correct address. I would like to revert to the previous map where you typed the province OR town, then the road name and it navigated to the correct address. How do I install the previous map or will the new update be corrected.
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @brunosky

There may be a later map available....
    The maps of India, Africa, South Africa Swaziland, and Lesotho are planned to be released on the 24th of March. Map version will be 10.46
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121475/new-maps-v10-45-available-for-download/p1

I don't think the problem you have is the Maps... I think the problem you have, Is inherent for the Start 42/52/62, It's ONLY the latest Start 42/52/62 Range that has this particular Step by Step search method as the only search option....
    I wouldn't buy Start 42/52/62 for use in the UK because the Step by Step search method is useless for UK Postcodes

All of the previous NAV4 Models and the remaining Models in the NAV5 Range... The Via and GO Range have both the far superior "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options

On the NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default)
    (2)... Step by Step

ATB YFM
    Thank you for your prompt reply. I look forward for map version 10.46 and hope it will be better.
    Now the 4th April. My drive connect shows my map V 10.40 is the latest update. How do I get versions 10.46. Once again, thank you for your help.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @brunosky
    NAV4 Devices... MyDrive Connect NOT offering the latest Map update…. See...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121585/nav4-devices-mydrive-connect-not-offering-the-latest-map-update

ATB YFM