displaying stops/way points on an imported route — TomTom Community

displaying stops/way points on an imported route

jumper9895jumper9895 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, Bit of a newbt to downloading pre-existing rides. have just been sent some gpx routes for a tour I am hopefully doing soon. The sender recommended MyRoute - app to view and then export to my rider40. When viewing on My route, the routes/tracks all have numerous stops on them, yet when displayed on the rider after importing them , No stops show....... am I being thick and missing something? TIA

Best Answers

• Andrew_ITAndrew_IT Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi jumper9895

What is the route file format, it has to be .ITN extension.

See the suggestions @YamFazMan has provided on this topic

Regards
    Vikram.

Hi. I have the same issue.
    I use My Rote app and i can export to .ITN file , but if i use TomTom My Drive i can import only .GPX file. How i can use .ITN file.

Thank you

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi jumper9895

Regards
    Vikram.
    Accepted Answer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi jumper9895

Regards
    Vikram.

Hi. I have the same issue.
    I use My Rote app and i can export to .ITN file , but if i use TomTom My Drive i can import only .GPX file. How i can use .ITN file.

Thank you
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 475 [Supreme Pioneer]
    With Sent ITN Route you can send a .ITN or .GPX route from programs like MRA to your Rider. Because Sent ITN Route uses the MyDrive Send Destinations option it has the same up to 21 Stops limit.
    Download link: https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/send-itn-route

For larger routes you can use the USB cable or micro SD Card to import the .ITN route on your Rider.
  • jumper9895jumper9895 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks everyone for the info....... Opened all the routes in MRA, saved them as .itn files and then exported them to my Rider 40 and all of the stops now display- Wonderful, now as long as these border shutdowns dont last too long, ................
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    Hi
    @jumper9895
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    Thanks to all for the information

In my case i think the better way is save the file in .ITN and transer the file by USB.
    But i think that export ITN file to use in a second time, is an important option missing in TomTom My drive
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited March 22
    Hi

Maybe a useful guide Rider 4xx/5xx "Easy route upload"
    My Rider 550
    g9esyvnu71d5.jpg
    The Rider 4xx/5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 4xx/5xx Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 4/5xx Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to the Rider4xx/5xx
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

The example below is my Rider 400... The Rider 550 uses the same "Easy route upload"
    (1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 400
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 400 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 400" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 400 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    33ce976f-93c9-4fc0-b9a3-60acf162b062.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 400 Main memory
    f85105c8-9d58-41d8-9d25-0f7230a2be76.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    d0e6ebb9-f0bc-4b56-b91a-5dda94b7b7c3.png
    (6)... When your done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpg
    Note...Mac OS X....
    TomTom Rider uses the USB Media Transfer Profile (MTP) for transferring routes. On a Mac you need to install a program that supports USB MTP, such as Android™ File Transfer.

Once the program is installed, connect your Rider 4xx/5xx to your Mac and select Import routes. This switches the device to MTP mode. Route files such as GPX and ITN can then be copied to the internal memory of your device or a memory card using the MTP program.

See Tomtom FAQ...http://au.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20584/~/how-do-i-transfer-tracks-and-routes-to-my-tomtom-rider-device

You can also use a Micro SD Card as a transfer medium

ATB YFM