Why am I getting emails to upgrade my equipment? — TomTom Community

Why am I getting emails to upgrade my equipment?

My profile clearly states that I own a GO 5200 and a GO 6200 but I am constantly getting advised to upgrade to newer equipment as mine are no longer being upgraded with maps. I am being offered ediscounts to buy machines I already own!
Please check your details and stop bothering me about out of date equipment!

Best Answer

Answers

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 52 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    If your profile also includes an older model that you no longer use then this will be triggering the emails. I found as soon as I deleted my obsolete, unsupported One from my profile the emails stopped.
  • BatterseaBattersea Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the input but as stated my profile only shows the two current models, previous ones I owned were deleted.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Battersea

But did you own an old device prior to a GO 5200 and a GO 6200?
    If not contact customer services to review your account, but as you have not stated your country in your profile, to get a number see https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new/p1
    Thanks for the input. Yes, I have owned many versions of the Tom Tom but all previous units have been removed from my profile so getting the outdate reminders is frustrating. I am UK based.
    Thanks - simple it is! Just concerned that other stuff that IS relevant to me will not be sent.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,473
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @Battersea
    I would think the Sales/Promotions Depts use a different database to the Product Registration database....
    I received multiple emails this Morning offering a 30% discount, I guess they were by Serial Number for my older devices....
    I just deleted them....

ATB YFM