TomTom Go Mobile on Samsung S20 ultra — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile on Samsung S20 ultra

HenkdaHenkda Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Good day, I migrated TomTom Go Mobile from my Samsung S10 to the new S20. But the app keeps telling me that it is loading....... and nothing further happens. I even removed and reinstalled the app but it is still the same. Anyone any ideas how to solve this ? Regards, Henk

Best Answer

• HenkdaHenkda Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Lampard, thanx for your reply! Just before your message arrived I solved the problem ;-). I removed the SD card and reinstalled the app. After that it did start. Reinstalled the SD card and downloaded the maps. After that it all works fine!
    Regards Henk.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi there @Henkda

Welcome to the Community! Can you please follow the steps below and see if this helps?

Uninstall an app on your Android by following steps:
    • Go to the Settings of the Phone.
    • Go to ‘Applications’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Go to ‘Application Manager’ (maybe called different depending on the OS version used).
    • Find the app in the list you’d like to uninstall and tap on it.
    • Click ‘Force Quit/Force Stop’.
    • In the ‘Storage’ section, tap first ‘Clear Cache’ and then tap ‘Clear Data
    • Here, tap on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Log out of the Playstore.
    • Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.
    • Open the Playstore login and reinstall the app on the internal memory (Not on SD Card).
    • Once done please close all the apps which are running in the background reboot the phone.
    • Reopen the TomTom app and test.

Regards, lampard
  • HenkdaHenkda Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Lampard, thanx for your reply! Just before your message arrived I solved the problem ;-). I removed the SD card and reinstalled the app. After that it did start. Reinstalled the SD card and downloaded the maps. After that it all works fine!
    Regards Henk.
  • vugtvakvugtvak Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited May 2020
    Is there a way to fix this problem without losing the saved data?

Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    HI @vugtvak

Welcome to the Community! If you're facing the same issue as Henkda then, unfortunately, you need to perform the steps above to remove the map and reinstall the app.

Regards, lampard
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    lampard wrote: »
    If you're facing the same issue as Henkda then, unfortunately, you need to perform the steps above to remove the map and reinstall the app.
    If TomTom apps are aimed at non-technical users then a simple and thorough uninstall and clean up function is needed, either from some built-in option or by the use of some separate utility.