Via 130 "Incompatible" ??? — TomTom Community

Via 130 "Incompatible" ???

T-squaredT-squared Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited March 11 in Map purchasing
Hi,
I've just inserted a new SD card in my VIA130 because I needed the extra to add a map of Thailand.
Being ready to purchase and download on the TomTom site there's a warning the VIA130 is incompatible.
My question is WHY?
Any help out there please?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,447 Superuser
    Hi @T-squared

I think it is likely the your unit may have been declare obsolete. Select the first 2 characters of your units serial number on the page in the link below and you will be advised if your Via 130 has been declared obsolete and if so then you will be unable to buy any new maps. If the unit was sold with lifetime map updates then those should still be being offered but no new maps are available.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Doug
  • T-squaredT-squared Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 11
    Many thanks for your response, Doug.
    The serial number starts with AW.
    The device readily accepts UK & Europe new maps whenever they become available so I'm puzzled why new maps from a different region are "not compatible"
    AW = "Your device is a TomTom Via 130 / 135 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect.
    Your device is fully supported through phone and email"
    Again, I've inserted a new 16GB SD card formatted on the device.
    Thanks again,
    TonyT
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,447 Superuser
    Hi @T-squared

I think we have to ask @VikramK to advise here if the map you are trying to purchase is compatable with your Via 130 as it is not suggested the your unit is not able to add new maps . Have a look back here later.

Doug
  • T-squaredT-squared Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Very many thanks for the info, Vikram.
    Following your advice I purchased the South East Asia Map.
    Pity it was nearly double the price of the Thailand only map but I'm up aND RUNNING.
    THANKS again for your help
    TonyT