Micro SD card — TomTom Community

Micro SD card

dtjbdtjb Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello, today I bought and installed a micro SD card into the device, a START 52. This as the map updates were too large and after having spoken to TOM TOM customer service. The format of the card was done on the device, as prescribed, but now when I try to connect to TOM TOM, the device does nothing and the SD card is not visible. Any ideas??

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @dtjb

Glad you are sorted.

Fully Format the other card back to Fat32 and then you may be able to use it to import/export routes from your unit or find another use fo fit.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @dtjb

Assume you formatted the card for Maps. Try a Soft Reset with the card in it. ie Turn the unit on and when ready to use Hold the ON/OFF button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. The unit will restart.

Doug
  • dtjbdtjb Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, Doug. I tried that many times but the device screen has a red 'X' between the device icon and the computer icon, even though it is connected.
    With the SD card out, it works fine, though
    Hello, Doug. I proceeded to remove the INTENSO SD card, which I bought brand new and fitted a TDK replacement. It now appears to be functioning as it should. Once again I thank you for your most informative direction.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @dtjb

Glad you are sorted.

Fully Format the other card back to Fat32 and then you may be able to use it to import/export routes from your unit or find another use fo fit.

Doug