Source of speedcameras — TomTom Community

Source of speedcameras

RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
edited March 2020 in TomTom Services
Simply out of curosity.
What is the source of the location of the mobile speed cameras (in the Netherlands)? Are the reports from mobile speed cameras only those made by Tomtom users? Or are there partnerships with other sources?

Answers

• LucifyLucify Posts: 124 [Exalted Navigator]
    sources?? who knows. but they rely heavily on user reports for mobile cameras.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Hi @RicoK

I think the PDF here can answer this for you.

Regards, lampard

• RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
    @Lucify Thanks for your respons.

@lampard Thanks for your reply and the link to the PDF. The PDF is quite extensive and goes into depth although I am still curious who the mentioned 3rd party sources would be.

In the Netherlands we have a large 'community app' called Flitsmeister. I have never used it and have not the intention too, but wouldn't it be great if Flitsmeister and TomTom engage a collaboration?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Hi @RicoK

Thank you for the kind words. Appreciate your loyalty towards TomTom products and services. The contribution from users like yourself acts as a motivation for us.

Regarding the information about sources:

The accuracy of these locations is an end result of information processed after collating inputs from different sources including 3rd party.

Contracts that were mutually entered into with our sources have binding obligations; so we cannot reveal the names on a public platform which includes our community.

Thank you for understanding!

Best,
    Vikram :)
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited March 2020
    VikramK wrote: »
    Contracts that were mutually entered into with our sources have binding obligations; so we cannot reveal the names on a public platform which includes our community.

Although I am curious, I can imagine ;)