My Go 5000 connects to computer and MyDrive connect but I cannot download updated maps - — TomTom Community

My Go 5000 connects to computer and MyDrive connect but I cannot download updated maps -

Firewall is off - IOSX software - I have factory reset factory device - diagnosing network connections, device is connected but no download, with error message "Connected - Tom Tom Go 5000 has a self assigned IP address and will not be able to access the internet" - I have gone to Advanced box in Network Settings and hit "Renew DHCP Lease". What next please anyone?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @Intermaurice

Are there any updates offered for download in MyDrive Connect?

Regards
    Vikram
  • IntermauriceIntermaurice Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes there are three but with my laptop the download starts but then the error message appears. I have now downloaded mydrive connect to my Mac Mini and can get the European Maps download to start but not complete. I have adjusted energy settings but it seems the download is just too slow to complete before the computer just shuts down. Any thoughts as to how to keep the computer running unattended for hours on end appreciated. I presume this is why latest versions have direct wi-fi connection without going through mydrive connect?
  • IntermauriceIntermaurice Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    See above - still not resolved. Now I have the device with spinning wheel saying "Updating" and mrDrive connect showing Device "not responding". I have NO IDEA what is going on and am basically discontented and at my wits end.