Alerts muted when connected to car via bluetooth — TomTom Community

Alerts muted when connected to car via bluetooth

Martin_Gatter01Martin_Gatter01 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Has anyone else got this problem? I've used chat to speak to customer services and it seems there should be a setting to use phone sounds only but I don't have this on my app. It seems another update is required but could someone advise me if the updates happen automatically?
Tagged:

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,914 Moderator
    Hi @Martin_Gatter01

Welcome to the Community! This feature to get the warning alerts via in-dash system speakers in the car is not supported with AmiGO (iOS) App.

Regards, lampard
  • Martin_Gatter01Martin_Gatter01 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for this, but I don't want the alerts to sound through the car speakers, I want them to sound through the phone.
    It seems there should be a setting to use the phone's speaker bu I don't have this, I just have the bar to adjust volume.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    I'm afraid the person you chatted with mixed up operating systems. That setting is only in the Android version.

Can we have details on what iPhone you use, which iOS version and what car model / in-dash system so we can pass this on?
    Hi Jugen. Iphone 11. IOS 13.3.1. Jaguar XF 2019 with latest firmware and software.
    Regards
    Martin
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    Sorry for the late reply, the team only came back to me now. As I already explained the device speaker setting is not available in the iOS version. I was hoping that there would be a smart setting handling this and that it would be a bug in combination with a certain car stereo but it isn't. I'm afraid it's expected behaviour. The team will look if it's possible to introduce a similar setting as in Android.
    Thank you for this. The same setting as the android version would be really useful. There's not much point having the app if you can't hear the alerts!