App extremely slow after 10-15 minutes use after major update this year — TomTom Community

App extremely slow after 10-15 minutes use after major update this year

I use the app on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 9 and all updates. The previous version was working excellent, but after the update the app is slowing down everytime I use it for a while (10-15 minutes). The it is so slow, that it is unusable. I have an external SD-card on which the maps are stored. The app is in the main memory. This is exactly the same way I used the previous version for two years on this phone.
Chatting with support the advised me to remove the app and all folders involved. This seemed to improve it a bit, but the app is still unusable.
I removed everything again and installed the "old" version from an apk-bakcup. This has been working flawless. When the latests update appeared in February I decided to update again, but still with the same problems.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi @Harrymann

Welcome to the Community & sorry about my late reply! Which app are you using? Is it the new GO Navigation App or Go Mobile App? Can you please mention the App version installed on your phone?

The app always selects the most appropriate storage during the first run of the app. This is based on the most available space left on either the SD card (if inserted) or internal storage. If you're using the new app, try to download the smaller map which will go onto the internal memory if there's space. Then, give it a test run to see if the behaviour remains the same.

Regards, lampard
  • HarrymannHarrymann Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The problems were with Go Navigation from the moment is was released. The latest version was the one released Febr. 28. I believe it was V2.0.7, but I de-installed it yesterday after a chat session with your support. They stated the version was still in test.....
    I re-installed the older Go app (V1.17.7) from a backup apk.
    Unfortunatedly, Support could not give me the info you are giving me now. For business I travel sometimes through several countries in Europe, so I alwasy install several maps. They always were installed on the SD-card although there was sufficient space on the internal memory (13.8 GB at the moment).
    As I already tried three times by now, I think I'd like to wait until the problem is really solved. Installing only a small maps portion is not very attractive.