How to download riding history ('tracks') from a Rider 550? — TomTom Community

How to download riding history ('tracks') from a Rider 550?

ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hello All:

Today, I completed my first lengthy ride on my motorcycle using my new Rider 550 - I rode about 200 km from Catania in Sicily across the island to Palermo Sicily.

How do I now download my travel history (in other words, the "tracks" that I created today) to my computer - or to my MyDriveConnect account - to enable me to see the path that I took and store the record of this trip for future reference?

Michael

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ST1300_PanEuropean
    So, back to the original question: If I want to be able to fetch and save a record of where I have travelled, do I have to tell the device ahead of time to "Record the Track"?
    Do I have to do this every time?
    'Yes' Manually at the start & end of each journey that you want to record....
    ATB YFM

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 684 [Revered Pioneer]
    First record and name your Track.

Then Share the Track to a micro-SD Card or USB cable.
    (It is not possible to upload the recorded tracks from your Rider to MyDrive. So you have to use the old way with a micro-SD Card or USB cable. (or BlueTooth on Rider 4x0))
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi @RoadRider

Is it obligatory to tell the device ahead of time (before riding) to "record the track"?

In other words, does the device not record the track automatically every time it is used?

If that is the case, is there a way to tell the device to always record a track that can be downloaded later?

Michael
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi Michael
    @ST1300_PanEuropean

The device automatically records your last 10 journeys as .GPX Tracks, by deleting your oldest track and adding the latest track to the start of the list of 10 stored tracks (Unless of course you save the required tack before the automatic 10 Max deletion....)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Route History

To turn on/off Keep route history... (It's well Hidden) Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System... Scroll down to the bottom of the list --> Tap Your Information & privacy... Keep route history On/Off

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan

I do not have this 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Route History menu option on my Rider 550.
    And when I start recording and switch off my device the next time i switch the device on the recording is stopped and I have to start it again.
    Is there an option to turn automatic recording on?

This is why I record my tracks with MyRouteApp. (This also saves the track directly in the cloud)

Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @RoadRider
    @ST1300_PanEuropean

Sorry for the confusion I was using my GO Premium
    See bullet-point (5)... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1110328/tomtom-launches-state-of-the-art-satnav-the-go-premium-edition/p1

I didn't check using the Rider 550....
    I assumed it was the same across all the NAV5 ( Wi-Fi) devices....
    Wrong :3

ATB YFM
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    @YamFazMan

So, back to the original question: If I want to be able to fetch and save a record of where I have travelled, do I have to tell the device ahead of time to "Record the Track"?

Michael
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ST1300_PanEuropean
    'Yes' Manually at the start & end of each journey that you want to record....
    ATB YFM
    @VikramK Can you ask the product team to enable this option to automatically records the last 10 journeys as .GPX Tracks on the Rider 550?

My Rider 550 does not have Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Route History menu.

And the option Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System... Scroll down to the bottom of the list --> Tap Your Information & privacy... Keep route history is On

A lot of motorcycle drivers miss a automatic recording feature because the are used to have it on there previous motorcycle PND.
    As far as i know the GO Premium uses the same firmware. So it should be easy to enable.

Thank you,

Ben