Why does it take TT to Go 10 minutes to agree with my rout? — TomTom Community

Why does it take TT to Go 10 minutes to agree with my rout?

westernpeterwesternpeter Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
If I choose a different rout to what my Iphone TomTom To Go chooses it will go cross country forever but eventually it will cotton on and sync with me.
I never experienced that with the old version. How can I improve it?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @westernpeter

Can you explain a little more what you mean here. Ie do you mean you miss a turning and it takes a long time to sort itself out which is not what mine does.

I have the TomTom Go Navigator version 2.1.5 on my SE.

Doug
  • westernpeterwesternpeter Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Doug no I have an Iphone 7. If I set off from home it may want to take me right to get to my destination but I turn left and that confuses it big time for a bout 10 minutes before it catches on and takes me the rout that is quickest.
    The previous TT app now discontinued would adjust within seconds
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi. You posted your other topic under Android. 😱

Mine will immediately recalculate the best way if I take a different turning to the one it was proposing. This will either be to suggest what it thinks is a suitable place to turn round if that is still the quickest. If I continue to ignore then it will eventually sort a route that now is quicker than going back.

I am puzzled you do not have the Add to current route. What version are you using.

Doug
    yes that how the previous version worked this one will go cross country off road forever.
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @westernpeter

What version are you using.

Doug
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @westernpeter

Firstly can we go back to the Add to current route option.

That option appears on the sub menu as the first offering above the 3 you mentioned. Can you in any way move the menu to see that option. Maybe by moving the map down.

Doug
    no I have tried locating it but no where to be found
    Superuser
    Hi @westernpeter

I have highlight this to @jürgen who is from Tomtom in case you have identified a Bug in that on your phone you cannot get the Add to Current Route option which is fine on my iPhone.

Can you give any examples of where the routing goes as you describe so he may be able to get it tested. I am sure "Going across country off road for ever" means something very different in Australia than it does here in the UK. =)

Doug
    Doug yes it leaves the road that I am on and every other road its very nonsensical like the GPS is disconnected from the maps. Ive updated everything that I could find. The only thing I will test next is to program my rout outside instead of inside my garage but you would think that data would kick in if GPS not available
    satellite I meant
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,120
    Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Once you have planned a route, tapping a location on the map gives a pop-up window from which you can open a dialog box by tapping the three dots.

5ea8hmcbt88i.png
    However, recalculating a route shouldn't take so long. Can you douple-press the phone's Home button and exit all apps that are running? Then restart your iPhone.

Regarding the positioning, have you given permission in Apple Settings . Privacy > Location Services?
    Thanks Jurgen, Ill try that. Location service was switched on