No traffic data — TomTom Community

No traffic data

Hi, I have a new GO Premium X

Appp version 19.201.0010.411 (0) (27/9/19)

I can't get traffic data. I have good gps preception and the deivce is connected to power. It's quite annoying as this is the single feature i wanted the device for. I hope you can help?

In the 'About' page of settings it tells me that traffic is activiated, but if i look at the relevant device page on the Mydrive app on my phone it tells me that the traffic expiry date is unavailable.

I have reset the device twice and updated the map. UK & Ireland v1045.10014 (01/2020). I have 11GB+ internal memory free.

I also have two older tomtom devices and a subscription for TomTom Go on my phone. I don't know if this has casued a conflict on the authorisation of traffic services, although it says activated on the device.

I could get traffic on the older device last time i checked (after i activated the new GO Premium X) and i can still get it on the GO app on my phone.

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @enscjb

Your device is new and recent.

Check if information sharing/sending is enabled in your device. Mandatory to receive Traffic service (and other services):
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots ...)/ Settings/ System/ Your information and Privacy/ enable the first line " Use my location and the information I enter to receive TomTom services"
    The other options are optional (journey history, TT friend...)

Check if "MyDrive" is enabled in your device:
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots ...)/ TomTom Service (your email and password)/ MyDrive "activated"

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/html/en-gb/index.htm#System-Nav4Prato-with2searches.htm

Do a Soft Reset of your device, it's like a "Resart" on a PC, you will not lose anything.
    - Device switch on, press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. Release the button. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

Your device must be out of WiFi range and not connected to the PC by USB to use its integrated SIM card.

If there are no improvements, contact TomTom customer support to sort your subscription. Maybe your services have not activated properly, this sometimes happens.

You did not specify your country in your forum profile but I assume UK:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.
  • enscjbenscjb Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, I've done all those things so I'll call customer support.
  • JODKELJODKEL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have this problem reported with TomTom since February. Who eventually reported after persistance the following:
    Please be informed that this issue is on all the devices with built in SIM, you might face the same issue on the replacement unit.
    Please allow our developers some time to get this issue resolved. We continue to investigate the issue and look forward to push a software update to resolve the issue.
    I apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

I have chased again and now my call seems to have disappeared. Extremely frustrating customer support by TomTom, as you say it is the key feature I want to work.

I am not giving up TomTom I am coming back to you. This problem needs to be resolved!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,463
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @JODKEL
    Welcome to the site...
    JODKEL wrote: »
    I have this problem reported with TomTom since February. Who eventually reported after persistance the following:
    Please be informed that this issue is on all the devices with built in SIM, you might face the same issue on the replacement unit.
    Please allow our developers some time to get this issue resolved. We continue to investigate the issue and look forward to push a software update to resolve the issue.
    I apologies for any inconvenience this has caused
    I have a GO 6200... Live Traffic over GPRS (SIM) is working OK

hx9opbuemmvr.jpg
    I guess you are in the Office or at Home and your device is connected to your Office/Home Wi-Fi
    The Wi-Fi when connected it will take priority over GPRS SIM

nkpwt41l41fy.jpg
    Try moving out of the Range of your Wi-Fi
    Or... Logout of your Wi-Fi....

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Finish) Icon
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About...
    Is Traffic Activated ???
    Tap on the Traffic Icon... It should say you have a Traffic Subscription....
    Scroll further down.....
    Check Data Connection... Status (See Images 1 & 2)

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will check your Traffic Subscription status....

ATB YFM