My iPhone gets very hot while connected - Page 5 — TomTom Community

My iPhone gets very hot while connected

1235»

Comments

• SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 48 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Interesting to see these comments. Just used TT GO on wife's iPhone 8, then on return journey used TTG on my Android Pixel, journey length about 12 km.

Differences: iphone was noticeably warmer but didn't get hot since the Qi charger is attached to an air vent. iPhone went from 93% to 95% charge, Pixel went from 93% to 100% (and indeed was fully-charged before the end of the journey). Pixel phone was not even warm. Same case type/thickness for both phones.

Thus some supporting evidence that the implementation of TT GO on the iPhone is more power-hungry than the Android version
  • Haworthman75Haworthman75 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My system is an iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 14.4, TomTom app 2.4.1.
    Within 15 minutes my phone overheats and the screen dims. Also I lose mobile data (and hence traffic) passing from one cell tower to another and doesn’t come back unless I manually turn mobile data off and then on again. Not safe when driving.
    Working, as it did when I first started using it four years ago, TomTom Go is the best there is and used to work without a hitch. Now… I’m reluctantly using Copilot. It lacks features I’ve grown to love but at least it works!
    Please TomTom, I know that for some reason it doesn’t afflict everyone but there is clearly an issue here. I know of two others who have downloaded Go on my recommendation who don’t use it any more because of this problem.
  • Dave23572Dave23572 Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 23
    Is there any roadmap on when this very old problem might get solved?
    It still does it in the recent update versions. Furthermore the recent versions seems to be very buggy. Come on TomTom!