new updated of tomtom go app — TomTom Community

new updated of tomtom go app

lneamlneam Posts: 67 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
hi,
from my desktop PC, i have seen on 20/1/2020 and 2/3/2020 new version of GO app (1.18.1)
Maybe this is only for beta testers. When we will receive the new software update ? Is there any new features ? or maybe to solve bugs ?

Best Answer

Answers

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 244 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited March 3
    For the USA, the current release is 1.18.1 dated 10/31/2019 and limited random rollout of 2.0.5 dated 1/22/2020.

The answers to your four questions are what we would all like to know. There is another forum specific to the "new" version:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/tomtom-navigation-app-for-android-1
  • lneamlneam Posts: 67 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    hi schneidernet,
    there is only one application with name "tomtom GO"

LbKUF4n.jpg

rWLTIi7.jpg

As I said, different strokes for different folks. What we see in the U. S. is exactly what I stated. Other countries are different.
    some users like to make posts, without knowing the answers to the questions, just to make their personal "post counter" ever bigger.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    edited March 4
    Whether you're offered the GO Mobile app 1.18.1 or the GO Navigation app 2.0.5 is random and not tied to any region.
    Hi Jurgen,
    i will appreciate it, if your answer has to do with my questions from post 1 i had made.

according to tomtom's philosophy, 10% of users, tests every new version before final release. That's why i make this post - question, hoping one of them (10% of users) could inform the rest of us, about the 2 new updates of 2020. But no ...
    Will I be able to renew my phone's 1.18.1on 3/26? If not, will I be able to "game" the system by renewing 2.0.5 on my tablet then logging off and back on, on my phone? Or, will that really mess things up?
    lneam wrote: »
    Hi Jurgen,
    i will appreciate it, if your answer has to do with my questions from post 1 i had made.

according to tomtom's philosophy, 10% of users, tests every new version before final release. That's why i make this post - question, hoping one of them (10% of users) could inform the rest of us, about the 2 new updates of 2020. But no ...

I think we've done a pretty good job of that. You just need to read the dedicated forum:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/tomtom-navigation-app-for-android-1

- into year 2010 i liked 100%, the UI of PND from tomtom
    - into year 2012 i liked 70%, the UI of android app from tomtom
    - into year 2015 i liked 50%, the UI of android app GO from tomtom
    - into year 2020 i liked 30%, the UI of android app NDS from tomtom

bye-bye from me tomtom ...
    Be careful! There are many toads out there.
    Be careful! There are many toads out there.

i hope you will agree with me, there also 8-10 top navigation apps into playstore. Some of them are paid, some of them are total free.
    Let's see. On my phone now, Google, Sygic, CoPilot, Here WeGo, Via Michelin, Waze, MapFactor, that I could find. Nope to all, although I do use Google as that is all Assistant will load.