3D Buildings in App — TomTom Community

3D Buildings in App

petakpetak Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Is there a setting in the mobile app (I am currently on v.1.18) to NOR display the 3D buildings? There is no such option in "Guidance View".

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi @petak

Welcome to the Community! On Go Mobile App, you can find this under the Main Menu> Settings> Appearance> Guidance view

Regards, lampard
  • petakpetak Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @petak

Welcome to the Community! On Go Mobile App, you can find this under the Main Menu> Settings> Appearance> Guidance view

Regards, lampard

Thank you, Lampard, but, as I said, there is no such option in "Guidance View".
    x8gkuzoldbhd.png
    Hi @petak

I thought you were asking about changing the map view from 3D to 2D. What happens when you select the 2D view? Is the direction of travel indicator points north or not? Perhaps, you can elaborate or attach a screengrab to explain it better. :)

Thanks, lampard
  • nvasques_herenvasques_here Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    He wants 3D map / guidance without 3D buildings, too much noise / distraction...

It should be an option for that.
    @nvasques_here exactly.
    These 3D buildings are some childish stupidity - they might as well put dinosaurs on the screen - would be just as accurate :-))
    Thank you!

I'll forward your feedback to my team!

lampard
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    edited March 10
    Hi
    @petak

I dislike the 3D building and the Simulated 3D Driving view
    On my PND devices I always Drive 2D rotate in direction of travel, Zoom set to Zoom into Road type....
    petak wrote: »
    @nvasques_here exactly.
    These 3D buildings are some childish stupidity - they might as well put dinosaurs on the screen - would be just as accurate :-))
    If like me, you dislike the 3D building so much ??? Maybe the 2D view (NO 3D buildings) as suggested in the above post could be a workaround ??? Until OR If Tomtom offer the Phone Maps without 3D buildings for the App....

ATB YFM
    edited March 10
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    ... If like me, you dislike the 3D building so much ??? Maybe the 2D view (NO 3D buildings) as suggested in the above post could be a workaround ??? Until OR If Tomtom offer the Phone Maps without 3D buildings for the App....

ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan :-)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do prefer the 3D guidance view. TT is the first app that I have tried that does not have an option to hide the buildings and I am not particularly keen on paying annual subscription fee for an app that lacks basic customisation. It's not like TT is the only one :-)

Does anyone actually like have these comical 3D models on screen? They actually hide the route in some instances.

• markweatherill99markweatherill99 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    edited April 29
    Try this: go to Settings, Power Saving and set it to Basic.
    I found that this makes the 3D buildings disappear!

Good old Tomtom user interface designers! Or lack of....
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    edited April 30
    Hi
    @markweatherill99
    Try this: go to Settings, Power Saving and set it to Basic.
    I found that this makes the 3D buildings disappear (Snip)
    What Phone and O/S are you using ???
    I cant find a Setting --> Power --> Basic...
    Option on my iPhone or iPad... Are the setting on the Phone or in the App ???

ATB YFM
  • markweatherill99markweatherill99 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    I'm on an Android phone, the settings are in the app:

at the bottom of the app screen, tap the 'four vertical dots' menu.
    Scroll down the menu, at the bottom is a 'Settings' gearwheel, tap that.
    Now you can scroll down to 'Power Saving'.