Speed limits — TomTom Community

Speed limits

I live in London where most roads have a 20mph limit now but TomTom usually shows 30mph. I have just tried google maps in my area and they seem to know the correct limits. I have been a TomTom user for many years but in a few weeks I need to decide whether to renew my subscription and unless I have confidence that this is going to be put right very soon I will not be renewing. Are there plans to update speed limits?

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,155 [Revered Voyager]
    You might best ask that in the Maps and Services / Maps Quality forum.
  • adrianconway9_un31adrianconway9_un31 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had no idea there were different forums. I have raised this question several times using chat, email and now this. I think I'll just give up now.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi @adrianconway9_un31

Sorry for my late reply! You can report wrong speed limits in your area by using a mapshare reporter

Regards, lampard
  • adrianconway9_un31adrianconway9_un31 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've been told before I can report a wrong speed limit to TomTom but my point is in West London the roads are mostly incorrect and I don't have the time to report them all. I suspect the issue goes well beyond West London. I will use Google Maps when my subscription runs out even though TomTom has a far superior display Google has the correct speed information and that is important to me.