Virus warning on map update — TomTom Community

Virus warning on map update

TW55TW55 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
I have a TomTom rider 400 which I have updated numerous time over the years I have owned it. However the latest Europe Map update causes my computer virus software to identify a My Doom Worm virus and immediately shuts down the map update leaving me with no mapping at all on my GPS unit. Having read the forum it appears that this is now a known issue I believe your customer Support operative Vikram has been dealing with it and has raised a "ticket" to make you aware. Given that I have updated my unit many times without this issue and without having to switch off or otherwise alter the Norton Anti Virus setting (and thus risking my computer to other virus attempts) I would like to know when you are going to solve this known issue. At present I am unable to use my GPS unit. Thankyou

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,476
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @TW55

Check User @LAURE123 post here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1694890/#Comment_1694890
    Maybe also contact Norton Anti Virus and report the problem to Technical Support...

ATB YFM
  • TW55TW55 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply, Ive read through the link you sent it seems its a known issue. Before I have a go at changing the Norton AV I was hoping that TomTom might have a fix ongoing to sort it.....if not I'll have to change the Norton AV settings.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,476
    Superusers
    Hi
    @TW55

I would think it's more likely to be a recent update to the Norton AV
    Than a Change to Tomtom MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM