TOMTOM Professional 6250 — TomTom Community

TOMTOM Professional 6250

Hi Guys
Made a major boob last night updated my TomTom as I do every weekend. Ready for Monday morning. However some has gone wrong not sure if internet connection dropped out or if I unplugged it too soon.

But I now have “No Maps” available on my screen.

I am therefore, wanting to know is it possible to reinstall maps and settings. Using WiFi and an iPad. Or do I need to connect via USB to a computer. Any help appreciated as I am a tramper (away from home all week) and depend on my sat nav 😬😬😬

Best Answer

• t-truckert-trucker Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Just an update in case this happen to anyone else..

if you can connect to a WiFi connection that is stable you can recover your device. CS said I need to connect via USB to a computer and one drive. But that was not possible till the weekend which meant I was stuck.

However, today I tried again using Wi-fi with a more stable connection.. took around 30 mins but all is now restored favourites, recent locations and vehicle height data etc

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 344 [Supreme Pioneer]

You can use mydrive connect for faster connection.
    Many thanks Rider1rider unfortunately i don't have the second screen Add map that shows the Maps available I get Add a Map and available space 31.93 GB nothing here you can buy maps at TomTom.com/maps and that is it

Telephoned CS and they have told me i need to connect to a computer via USB as the system is corrupted 😳😳😳
    Accepted Answer
    Just an update in case this happen to anyone else..

if you can connect to a WiFi connection that is stable you can recover your device. CS said I need to connect via USB to a computer and one drive. But that was not possible till the weekend which meant I was stuck.

However, today I tried again using Wi-fi with a more stable connection.. took around 30 mins but all is now restored favourites, recent locations and vehicle height data etc