MY VECHICLE — TomTom Community

MY VECHICLE

Hi I have Just Download The New Map For 2020 On My Go Camper And Noticed My Vehicle is
Missing On The Panel . Has Anybody Else Had This Happen.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,712
    Superuser
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

The 4 vehicle options are there as previously set on my Go Camper.

Try a Soft Reset ie Turn the unit on then when ready to work press and hold the ON/OFF button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll Sound then let the button go. The unit will restart.

Doug
  • martin.scott17_un40martin.scott17_un40 Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi tried this still the same, wether a reset would do it dont no
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,235
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @martin.scott17_un40

Have you installed the Standard Car Europe Map instead of Updating the Camper/Caravan Europe Map ???

ATB YFM
    Why would that make a difference, it says europe v1045.10013. Is that not a camper map.
    Update just seen europe camper 9.68 gb. So if wrong map, how do i get rid of other one, do you delete the one you have on first then start again or put other map on then delete.
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @martin.scott17_un40

Firstly... The device need at least one Map installed before it will boot-up and run....
    Second... The device won't let you delete all of the Maps....
    So if you only have one map installed you will have to install one of the many small maps from the World maps available to install on to your device....

When you installed a small map and if you have installed the Standard Car Europe Map by mistake....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps --> Delete Maps... Delete the incorrect map

DO NOT delete the Small Map....
    The smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running....

ATB YFM
    Hi thanks for getting back to me. So if I download the UK map. Which small onto the device. Does it matter if it goes onto the internal memory. Or on my 32 GB mini sd card. Then delete the Europe map to put back camper Europe on. Do you think then my vehicle will appear. Thanks
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

I am puzzled so could you please answer the following questions.

What are the first 2 characters of the serial number of your device. They should be ZA if it is one of the current GO Camper model.

The Map version you have given is the Standard Car Map ie 10.45.10013 and is the one I have just downloaded onto my GO5200.

The latest Europe Go Camper map is version 10.45.10027 and is the one I have on my GO Camper.

The reason I am puzzled is that the Go5200 lists the Worldwide Maps from which I can select which ones I want to have on the unit at any time and does not include in the list any of the 4 Camper specific maps. The Go Camper does not show the same list ie only the 4 Camper specific maps and does not have any other maps listed for download. Therefore I am puzzled as to how you are being offered any of the Worldwide maps particularly as you are now indicating that you could download the UK and I map.

If you download the UK and I map it will make no difference re the available vehicles when that map is selected. The reason the vehicle option is missing is you have the European Car only Map downloaded and selected.

Have you any idea why you are being offered the Worldwide maps for download and not the Camper ones.

On my Go Camper the Europe maps is labeled as 'Europe Camper' v10.45.10027 (Released 01/2020)

Doug
    Hi this all started when i went to download the new map ask me did i want to and pressed no instead then could not go back so had to go through it. Yes pressed europe . Did not no there was a europe camper then lost my vechicle symbole .it starts withZA242 and when i look at the maps its offering all of them which it never did before .all i want is to get back to were i was .
    Superuser
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

I think I have sussed out what you have done and learned something new in the process.

Can you go to Maps in Settings and if you select "Choose another map" can you see any of the 4 Camper maps listed if so Select one of them and so change the map on the device to that one. Now you should have the Camper vehicle options available and then I think if you change the vehicle to a Camper unit you will then be able to go to Add a Map and add the Europe camper map back onto the device..

I think what you have done is that you had the unit set to Car as the vehicle as I have just discovered that if I then go to Add a Map I get offered all the Car Worldwide maps. You have then downloaded the Europe Car map and can get offered the Uk and I map etc.

What you need to do is be able to select a Camper map then the vehicle options will appear.

Did you delete the old Europe Camper map thinking it was old so not now needed. If you have and have never downloaded the other Camper maps then we may need @VikramK to advise us how you can restore it to a Camper unit.

Doug
    Hi all i can see is europe on choose another map nothing else. On add a map there is europe camper one showing
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Great now we need to sort your unit out depending on whether you have an extra memory card or not.

If you do not have a memory card added then I suggest that you add the Venezuela map to your device which you should find in the Add an Map option. You need to do this as you cannot get both the Car and Camper maps on the internal memory.

Once you have added this very small map you can then go to Delete maps in Maps and remove the Europe Car map leaving you with just the Venezuela map.

Now go back into Add a Map and select the Europe Camper map and download it to the device and now you should have the Vehicle options back again.

Once this is sorted either keep the Venezuela map or replace it with the UK and I map, remember to have the vehicle set as Car when wanting to Add a map to do this, then leave the small map on the device as a Keeper. The reason for this is if at any time when updating your Main Camper map you have a problem, Power cut etc, then you have a valid map on the device so it will start normally and you can delete the corrupted map and reload it correctly.

Doug
    Hi i have a32gb card in empty so do i put a map on that or internal want to put uk on so which do i choose
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Okay download the UK and I map to your device and then remove the Europe Car map.

Now you can download the Europe Camper map you can see in Add a Map.

Both these maps will fit comfortably on the internal memory of the device and as and when you need to add more maps they will also be added to the internal memory until the map you wish to add will not fit there then the software will automatically add it to the extra memory card. Have you formatted the 32gb card in the GO camper unit.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Format memory card ( this is needed to be able to add maps to it)

Doug
    Hi thanks so just to be sure so what do i leave it on for when tomtom updates it again so i dont lose anything
    Superuser
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

When you are doing an Update the Software deletes the old map to make space for the new map. If the new map download is interrupted , say because of a power cut and the router stops working, then the device if it only has one map on it would only have a corrupt map on it and cannot start. By having 2 maps on the device then you will still have a valid map on the unit so it can start up normally and enable you to sort out the corrupted map.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @martin.scott17_un40

On the NAV5 (Wi-Fi ) devices when you install a map, the device gives you the option to install the map onto the Internal Memory or the Micro SDHC Memory Card

The Small keeper Map should be installed onto the Internal Memory....

ATB YFM
    I see so its best to have 2 maps on anyway. So then can deleye i suppse. I will do this this afternoon and when all finished will come on here and let you no. Thank you.
    Thanks both for help
    Download uk map. Deleted europe map. Tried to down load camper europe map. Failed. So hope it will do it in morning.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,608 Moderator
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

I reviewed the download logs for your device and I see the installation has not been successful twice.

The reason for the failure has been explained under Case 3.1 on this topic.

Regards
    Vikram
    Success Got My TomTom Camper Back. After Making A Mistake With Pushing The Wrong Tab. Have Got Europe Camper On, And Uk Map On As Keeper. And My Vehicle Back. Thank You Guys Would Not Had Clue Other Wise. Good Job That We Have Got The Forum On To Help Out. THANKS.
    Superuser
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Glad you are sorted whist you have also enabled me to learn something so good all around. =)=)

Happy travels

Doug
    Thanks doug soon as europe camper was on my vehicle came back. And i no now not to delete all maps . So when a new maps come out the 2 i have will get updated. It took from 0720, to 14,30 to upload that map, crazy.
    Superuser
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Are you updating using the direct connection of your Go Camper to the Wifi if so what download speed do you have.

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Wifi
    Tap The Wifi that is showing connected and you will get data on the connection including what the Link Speed is.

If your Download speed is slow , Circa 30mb or less then connect the GO Camper to your PC with the USB cable and run the My Drive Connect software on the PC. Once you see the "Do it the easy way" screen then use the Menu options on the GO Camper to manage the updating etc.

Doug