Any help with MyDrive Connect not getting past the "Getting Ready" stage? — TomTom Community

Any help with MyDrive Connect not getting past the "Getting Ready" stage?

RonGRonG Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I cant download updates to my Start 25 devicwe using MyDrive Connect. I've uninstalled MyDrive & installed the latest from the website (version 4.2.7.3996. It connects but never gets past the "Getting Ready" stage.
in frustration, I Googled to get help & almost fall victim to the "Satnavnavigationsupport.com" scam artists but hung up when they wanted me to go to a webpage to get remote access support.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,235
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @RonG

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214

ATB YFM
  • RonGRonG Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for that YamFazMan. Your advice got me one step closer - but still no Cigar. I used the Revo uninstaller & that at least now enabled me to get the updating to start & show some progress. However, it stalled first time after uploading 40 %. So I uninstalled again & re-installed. This time, it got to 57% (17 minutes remaining) and then stalled again. Probably going to try a third time now. This was just to update the mandatory update ( a few KBs - I havent even started to update the much larger Western Europe update (think about 3.5 Mb. So in a nutshell, still SNAFU.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    @RonG

Perhaps an antivirus or firewall is interfering with proper transmission of data.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,712
    Superuser
    Hi @RonG

Could you check the Power settings on your PC to make sure your USB sockets are not being turned off as part of a Power saving facility

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,235
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RonG

What's the first 2 Characters of your Start 25 serial number ???

2ltjsao7gvcf.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Hi @Douglap. I have had the laptop open all the time - doing other tasks, so its not the USB ports turning off - thanks.
    Hi 'dhn. I cant see any indication that a firewall of antivirus is causing the problem. Thanks
    Hi @YamFazMan the serial number starts with "BQ".