Problem downloading new map and speed camera on START 50 — TomTom Community

Problem downloading new map and speed camera on START 50

juggernoughtjuggernought Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited March 2020 in MyDrive Connect
My drive downloaded twice, device reset, cache cleared. No help from support. No update

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @juggernought

What PC system and software.
    What is happening when you try.
    Have you been able to download maps before and what has changed since you last did it.
    Have you got Power saving settings on your PC such that the USB sockets are turning off before download is completed.

Doug
  • juggernoughtjuggernought Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Win 10 and HP The problem is that the new order for a map and camera do not down load. If I uninstall the old map and reconnect the original map is restored. Same as with the camera. The app tells me that my device is up to date and no updates are available.
    Other map updated fine so it must be an issue with the new order. The order shows that it is paid for.
    I have cleared cache etc.
    hi anyone help
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Hi @juggernought

Welcome to the community!

I reviewed your account and I see that you already have Europe Lifetime maps active for your device. Not sure why you ordered a duplicate service for 1-year map update
    service.

Further, I see that you already have the latest map version installed(10.45) and so there won't be any further updates offered.

TomTom Map releases

Find the map version installed on the device

Regarding the order you placed for speed cameras, I don't see it's active for your START 50.

When you contact the customer service to raise a refund request please also provide them the order number(speed camera updates) they should be able to sort it.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi I ordered anew North america map. The european one is fine
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    @juggernought

Thanks. The order of the North America map is also not showing up on your account.

Please get in touch with our customer service with the order number to fix the service on your account.

Regards
    Vikram
    sorry didn't say thanks for your response
    I have tried getting in touch with them. Have you a link or uk number?? I have spent hours on this.
    Customer service sorted. Now downloading. Thanks for your help.