TomTom home not working help please — TomTom Community

TomTom home not working help please

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I am almost about to throw the sat nav out the window.

I have a TomTom Go basic, and I am trying to connect it to TomTom Home for more voices, but no matter what I do, I can not get my device to connect to home, I have updated all drivers etc and still no luck.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,662
    Superusers
    The Go basic is a WIFI Satnav. You cant use TomTom Home.
    You only can use MyDrive connet and a USB cable when your WIFI doesnt work.
    All handlings must do on the screen of the device.

Wich Voice do you want?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,895
    Superuser
    Hi @Betsyme

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

New voices have to be added to your `account then you can download them from that using the Updates and New Items in the settings menu
    That is why @Lochfrass is asking what voices you want .

Doug
  • BetsymeBetsyme Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ahh ok thankyou, it was ones I saw such as family guy/ the simpsons
    Superusers
    I hope the Moderator @VikramK can add it to your account.
    After about an hour of searching for different things, I think it is a case of my Satnav is not compatible with other voices :(
    Superusers
    The Homer Simpsen voice should go.
    In this thread, they assigned it to a Go520. The Basic is also based on the Go520.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121042/homer-simpson-voice
    ooo hopefully it will be added, is there anything I need to do to ask someone to add it? (I am very new to the forums sorry)
    Superusers
    I mentioned the name of the moderator with an @, so hopefully he will take notice of this thread and will get back to me here tomorrow or next week.
    If he has not responded by next week, please post here again to refresh the thread as a reminder.
    Thank you :)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    Hi @Betsyme

Voice added. It should be offered for download when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Betsyme

Voice added. It should be offered for download when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram

YAY it is there thank you :D

Do you have a list anywhere of other voices that could be added? or is it just the paid ones on the website, Thank you