After last My Drive connect update memory card corrupted and new card not recognised — TomTom Community

After last My Drive connect update memory card corrupted and new card not recognised

My drive connect was updated to 4.2.7.3966. on my GO 6000
there were a number of updates pending and I selected camera updates - OK
I then selected the map update which after downloading and the updating failed when approx 16%.
After various retries (reinstalling My drive connect, clearing cache etc) the problem persisted stating corrupted map. Tried repair (failed) and unistall map / installed (failed)
Removed the micro SDHC card to check in my PC which all methods to diagnose resulted in read only attribute set which I couldn't clear.

Tried a new 32 Gb Samsung card which was FAT32 and accessible on the PC.
Inserted into the GO and tried again. Update started and then after some minutes failed.
I see that there are now ttcrashlog files on the card in the navkit_tombstones folder (attached)
Now when I reset everything the memory card is not being recognised by the GO (although its's OK in the PC)

There doesn't seem anyway to do a factory reset or similar.

Any suggestions please.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,474
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @agzol

The NAV4 GO 6000 was supplied with one Map of the sales area where the device was purchased i.e... UK Devices = Full Europe map, any other Maps were purchased separately
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check for any live Map subscriptions and Maybe allocate a small Map to act as a keeper
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Later NAV4 & NAV5 (Wif-Fi) devices have 16GB Memory and Free World Maps....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi @agzol

I have activated a small map of UK and ROI. It should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • agzolagzol Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 2020
    See my reply to 200227-xxxxxxx.
    Thanks

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!