How do I access the Ireland map? — TomTom Community

How do I access the Ireland map?

MyDrive tells me my TomTom Start 60 has United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland map installed and up-to-date, but it does not recognise Irish places, for instance Dublin. How do I make it recognise the R of I section? The UK part works OK.

Thank you for any help.

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    Hi @ALSD

Updated to UK and Ireland map 10.45 yesterday and finds Dublin okay on my GO5200.

Silly question but what map is shown as the selected on in Settings/Maps.

Doug
  • ALSDALSD Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    The map setting shows United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland correctly. Thanks for the idea - I hadn't thought to check.

Alan D.
  • ALSDALSD Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    YamFazMan, you have solved my problem. I had not seen the UK-flag icon before - the sat-nav is an old one that had never left the UK "mainland". I did as you suggested and all is working.

Thank you for your answer - isn't the internet wonderful!

Alan D.
  • PuntzPuntz Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I was trying to get to a previously unknown location in Durham. The post code was DH7 6TX which is south east of Durham city. But the sat nav kept accessing the Irish map (as indicated by showing the NI flag). Even adding "UK" to the post code made no difference.

Please, HOW can I disable the NI map?
    Superuser
    Hi @Puntz

When you go into search is it showing the NI flag top right if so Tap it and change country.

Doug
  • PuntzPuntz Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Success! Kept doing that but it didn't work. Now it has! Thank you
    Superuser
    Hi @Puntz

Glad you are sorted.

Doug