MyDrive Tracks sync and stops — TomTom Community

MyDrive Tracks sync and stops

petakpetak Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hi,

I have made a number of Routes in MyDrive, which sync fine with my Android GO App (v 1.18). The only issue I have is that the stops I added o the route in MyDrive do not appear in the synced route on TTGo.

I know that the routes sync as tracks (as opposed to routes) but is it impossible to have the stops displayed anyway? My stops are usually fuel stations and sometimes it is also important to be able to check the distance to th next stop.

I also know hat I can send the stops to the device but then the device recalculates the route and I definitely don't wan't this with my carefully planned itinerary.

So, is there a workaround where Stops can be synced together with tracks. If not, is this something that can be implemented in future versions?

Alternatively, can "shaping points" (in addition to stopes) be implemented in MyDrive. This way I will still be able to "force" my deice/app to recreate more or less faithfully the route I planned in MyDrive by using a sufficient number of shaping points. It is important'though, that the device/app distinguishes between shaping points and stop, because I definitely don't want every shaping point announced.

Thank you,
Peter

Answers

• petakpetak Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited February 27
    RoadRider wrote: »
    With Tracks is is not possible ta add stops. You can;
    • Add a Place for your stop in "My Places" to show the Stop on your screen.
    • Spit the track is multiple tracks from stop to stop.

Also it is possible to sync the Stops (max 20) to your Go App (<2.x) using the "Send Stops". (ore use "Send ITN Route" on my website)
    This way the route will stay a route (only Stops no shaping points)

My Drive already has shaping points. Just drag the route to the desired road. The shaping point we be a small white dot.

Thank you. You have created some very useful tools.

Is my understanding correct that once you hit "Drive" the app/TT device recalculates the synced MyRoutes even if they are synced as tracks? If so ,there is no reason why the Stops added in MyDrive should not be displayed on the recalculated route?

Also, if the synced MyRoutes are recalculated by the app/device which waypoints from the MyDrive route are used for the recalculation - the Destination, the Destination and Stops or the the Destination, Stops and shaping points? Is there an option to have both the newly recalculated route and the original )pre-"Drive") track displayed simultaneously so that I know if the new route deviates from the track? How close id the newly recalculated route to the original track in your experience? Does it seem to take into account the shaping points from the MyDrive route, at least?

Just to be clear I am not questioning anything you say - just trying to understand how exactly TT works. Ultimately, my goal is to stick to the exact track I made in MyDrive without ANY subtle background changes being made by the app/device. I will try following the track displayed without pressing "Drive" and compare with the exact track displayed on my phone at the same time to see if there is any difference and if there is - back to OSMand and GPX tracks :-))
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 455 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited February 27
    Yes, TomTom recalculates the synced MyRoutes even if they are synced as tracks. The new route based on the track will always use the roads on the loaded map.

It is not possible to display the original Track, I created GPX Track 2 OV2 to be able to display the original Track points as POI's on the screen. But the options to display POI's is not available in the APP. (I use this option on my TomTom Rider 550)

The easiest way to know if the new route deviates from the track with the app is with MyDrive Web. Load the track in MyDrive an use "Edit Route". Dark blue is original Track and light blue is the recalculated route. (ore use a TomTom device like the Rider 550 with GPX Track 2 OV2 / Load Track)

This will use the shaping points. When using a current map normally the TT App/Device will use exactly the same route.

(Just in very rare cases there is an difference between MyDrive and the TT App/Device. see https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1676989#Comment_1676989
    I expect this problem to be resolved when the new App 2.x supports routes and tracks)
  • BIGBOUTYAHBIGBOUTYAH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    petak wrote: »
    Hi,

I have made a number of Routes in MyDrive, which sync fine with my Android GO App (v 1.18). The only issue I have is that the stops I added o the route in MyDrive do not appear in the synced route on TTGo.

I know that the routes sync as tracks (as opposed to routes) but is it impossible to have the stops displayed anyway? My stops are usually fuel stations and sometimes it is also important to be able to check the distance to th next stop.

I also know hat I can send the stops to the device but then the device recalculates the route and I definitely don't wan't this with my carefully planned itinerary.

So, is there a workaround where Stops can be synced together with tracks. If not, is this something that can be implemented in future versions?

Alternatively, can "shaping points" (in addition to stopes) be implemented in MyDrive. This way I will still be able to "force" my deice/app to recreate more or less faithfully the route I planned in MyDrive by using a sufficient number of shaping points. It is important'though, that the device/app distinguishes between shaping points and stop, because I definitely don't want every shaping point announced.

Thank you,
    Peter

Hi Peter

If you have more than 20 stops you can sync 20 stops from MyDrive app or the web browser to the TomTom device then add more stops on the TomTom device (Add stop to route) and then save the route (Add to my routes).

I do bulk drops which sometimes number over 20, I was wondering why MyDrive was not syncing with my TomTom. I thought that my device was faulty and ordered another one which I cancelled upon reading this thread.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,797 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited April 28