New maps v10.45 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.45 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
edited March 16 in News and announcements
Hello All,

On Tuesday 25th February 2020 we have released maps v10.45

All maps (except India, Africa, South Africa Swaziland, and Lesotho) for PND's, Motorcycle, Automotive, Truck, and Camper will be released on the 25 of February.

The map version will be 10.45.

Netherlands speed limits changes will be included in the 10.45 map version.

(In NL from the 12th of March the speed limits will drop to 100km from 06.00-19.00. During the evening and the night from 19.00-06.00 the speed limits won't change)

Edit:

Maps for GO Mobile and GO Navigation app's are available for download(13th March 2020)

~~ The maps of India, Africa, South Africa Swaziland, and Lesotho are planned to be released on the 24th of March. Map version will be 10.46

Drive safe :)

Thank you,
Vikram :)

44is87yifeyw.png

Comments

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Should have looked here first. I had bookmarked the FAQ page https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7902/related/1
    and it is still showing 1040 as the latest
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 216 [Exalted Navigator]
    I have updated my Go Camper to v10.45, but the totally illogical and insensible routing that has been reported widely on this forum still continues on my device.................. :s .

@VikramK @lampard

Can you confirm that Tomtom believe the incorrect routing issues for the Go Camper and Truck maps has been fully corrected or will there be a later corrected map update for these devices?
    @VikramK @lampard

I have just checked and the crazy routing that I reported on in detail in relation to the last map update is still valid, i.e I am getting the same crazy results from v10.45 as I did in 10.40 and before.

See my comments and illustration of the totally illogical routing here

- I have only been using the Go Camper and Go 6250 since mid 2019 - I have sold the Go 6250 as it was literally driving me crazy and unless Tomtom can get these basic routing issues sorted soon the Go Camper will be going the same route...............
    @VikramK @lampard

And the issue with POI's still being shown with incorrect addresses and bizarre locations is persisting in 10.45 viz:

Search for STN London Stansted Airport and the location it gives is in Slovakia ;)

zjaj1icema5v.jpg
  • toytomtoytom Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    @VikramK
    Is this new map also for the GO5200 ?
    i have seen nothing on my Go5200
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,738 [Elite Voyager]
    edited February 26
    Hi @toytom

I downloaded it okay to my GO5200 yesterday. It was offered as an update.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap
    It is not offered on my GO5200 only a speedcam update

André
    edited February 26
    Hi @toytom

If it does not appear for a little while why not make sure you have a small map on the Internal memory, I have Venezuela, then delete the current map and load it as a new one.

You could check that if you were to load any other map whether it is also version 10.45.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap
    Thank you for your advice ,Map 1045 is now on my device
    Thanks André
    Hi @toytom

Glad you are sorted. If you have loaded a small map leave it there as it helps if during an update of your main map there is a problem and you lose the map you have a map that will enable you to start the GO5200 normally. You can then reload the lost map.

Doug
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It would appear that this update has not addressed all the issues relating to the major road changes around Huntingdon UK. There are still routing errors which are discussed in this thread
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1119627/new-a14-huntingdon-southern-bypass-open-on-map-but-not-routed#latest
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,734 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited February 27
    Hi
    @tonygr
    tonygr wrote: »
    Procrastination is the thief of time
    Many moons ago, for talking in the Science Class, I had to write out a 1000 lines 'Procrastination is the thief of time' :/:)

ATB YFM
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 123 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Still same problems with POI. Many POI address mixed...
  • SuperMekSuperMek Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    My Rider 400 found the 10.45 map update at once, no problem, but my Rider 550 tells me that no updates are available, and is sitting happy with the now old 10.40 map. Any ideas why this is happening?
    edited February 27
    Hi
    @SuperMek

Is your Rider 400 connected to the Tomtom servers over Wi-Fi or USB ???
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695071/#Comment_1695071

ATB YFM
    Solution found:
    I tried the above mentioned trick, by uploading a small map (in my case, Scandinavia 10.45) and then delete the old Europe 10.40 on the GPS unit. Next step is to upload Europe (version number not available at upload time) which went fine, and the new Europe map got verified after upload as the new 10.45 version.

So, with this work-around all ended up fine. But there is still some glitch in the upload/update functionality that might need some attention by Tomtom.
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @SuperMek

Is your Rider 400 connected to the Tomtom servers over Wi-Fi or USB ???
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695071/#Comment_1695071

ATB YFM

Sorry to say, but the Rider 400 has no WiFi capability, only USB hook-up to any computer running the TomTom app.

The Rider 550 on the other hand has WiFi capability, and can ONLY be updated by Wifi, not by any USB hook-up.

Nevertheless, solution (actually, a work-around) has been found, see my added text below in the thread.

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,332 [Elite Voyager]
    I have a GO6200 (nav5 WiFi) and i can update it by USB!
    edited February 28
    Hi @SuperMek

I do not have a Rider 550 but I would be very surprised if you cannot update the unit other than just by direct Wifi as stated by you..

All the other Wii units can be updated by connecting to a PC via the USB cable and with My Drive Connect running in the Background then use the Menu options on the device to manage the update operation. This facility is available where the Wifi facility has a slowish Download speed or there is no Wifi available. The latter situation could occur where someone has a health problem and Wifi is not an option for them and so all PC equipment has a wired connection for Internet access

Doug
    Hi
    @SuperMek

Yes the Rider 4xx Range are NAV4 Devices and update over USB Via MyDrive Connect
    The Rider 550 is a NAV5 (Wifi) Device and updates over Wi-Fi or USB
    See Option (2) in this link... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695071/#Comment_1695071

ATB YFM
  • LepreLepre Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi VikramK,
    I wanted to know why it took 5 hours to download the Europe map, while if I download the map of my Peugeot (same size) it takes 1h 40 minutes.
    Only with TOMTOM the downloads are slow.
    Thank you
    edited March 3
    Hi
    @Lepre

How fast is your Wi-Fi Connection or is connection slow/unstable/unreliable.....

On my Go 6200 or GO Premium... I've never seen a Wi-F1 speed connection above 72 Mbps displayed on the device....
    I guess that's the Max Wi-Fi Download speed of the NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices ???

I'm using a Win10 PC hard-wired to Router Virgin Media 110 Mb/s Broadband
    The Full Europe map v1045 size 9+GB

Obviously for me, updating the GO 6200 over USB with MyDrive connect running in the background is the Faster option....
    NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Devices update on the fly i.e... No Download/Upload/Install

I'm happy with an 9+GB Map update in 23Mins 24secs (Stopwatch)

ATB YFM
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Maps for GO Mobile app's will be released on the 3rd March 2020(tentative), The version will be 10.45.
    When you publish a target date, even a tentative one, please update your post when the date is missed.
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited March 6
    tgold wrote: »
    Maps for GO Mobile app's will be released on the 3rd March 2020(tentative), The version will be 10.45.
    When you publish a target date, even a tentative one, please update your post when the date is missed.

According to Dutch Play Store, the new release date is on the 12th March 2020.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    RGM71 wrote: »
    tgold wrote: »

According to Dutch Play Store, the new release date is on the 12th March 2020.
    Where on the Dutch Play Store is information about map updates? I didn't find any here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp&hl=nl
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0