Tom Tom Sat Nav won't update — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Sat Nav won't update

AdamR1977AdamR1977 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi bought a Tom Tom Sat nav about 4 months ago, the speed cameras expired and so two weeks ago i paid for a yearly subscription which shows on my account, yet my sat nav still displays as 'EXPIRED' and it will not update and now when i drive the speed cameras aren't showing on my journey or so it would seem, i cannot update the community map either, any ideas? i have done a factory reset 3 times and also reinstalled software for windows 10 i,e Tom Tom My drive and deleted folders in the past as suggested, but sinse then reinstalled software back to it's original state and it just won't update?

I have reinstalled soft ware and reset the actual Tom tom device multiple time btw :-/

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,692 Moderator
    Hi @AdamR1977

I don't find a device linked to your TomTom account.

Could you please contact the customer service with the device serial number? They should be able to sort out the subscription-related issues.

Regards
    Vikram.
  • AdamR1977AdamR1977 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @AdamR1977

I don't find a device linked to your TomTom account.

Could you please contact the customer service with the device serial number? They should be able to sort out the subscription-related issues.

Regards
    Vikram.

Okay Vikram i shall do that tomorrow. Thank you. :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,834
    Superuser
    Hi @AdamR1977

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug
  • AdamR1977AdamR1977 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Okay now it updates as i contacted customer services today but it still doesn't link my yearly speed camera subscription to the device, it still says expired, but at least it updates now, just needs to make that subsciption activated on my device. :D i have responded to an email i received today from customer services about the updates, just going to see if he replies.
  • DansmallDansmall Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    My dads Tom Tom comes up with this and doesn’t seem to work
  • DansmallDansmall Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    ddfb128dytb1.jpeg
    923zjc9qadt8.jpeg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,834
    Superuser
    Hi @Dansmall

Looks like it has started the recovery process and needs you attach it to the PC with My Drive Connect running on it. Connect it and leave it and see if it sorts itself or Times out.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug