Rider 550 - oops - stuck on 99% loop - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Rider 550 - oops - stuck on 99% loop

2»

Answers

• CrmxCrmx Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK ,
    Is there any possibility to stop these updates on the backend side at Tomtom?
    Would it be helpful to provide the logfiles under the HOME3 directory?
    Thx
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,249 Moderator
    edited March 5
    Hi @Crmx

I am afraid it's not possible to stop updates, particularly when the downloads are already in the queue by generating scripts.

The only suggestion I can offer you at the moment is to keep the device connected or try the update using a different network/ computer and see how that goes 🤞

Regards
    Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Crmx

I am afraid it's not possible to stop updates, particularly when the downloads are already in the queue by generating scripts.

The only suggestion I can offer you at the moment is to keep the device connected or try the update using a different network/ computer and see how that goes 🤞

Regards
    Vikram

Hi @VikramK ,
    So that didn't work. Tried what you suggested - end up with Update field screen every time. Is there no one that could take a look at my log files? must be something in there, right?

au0b2pooqswx.jpg
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 551 [Revered Pioneer]
    @Crmx I did send you a PM
  • LarryFromHomeLarryFromHome Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Crmx
    I feel for you, sad that even TT can not help.
    Specially the suggestions to keep fingers crossed and wait from Vikram, I laughed until I stopped
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 551 [Revered Pioneer]
    @Crmx

Anny news?

If still stuck, are you able to test on another known good (WiFi)network.
    Map updates are large. Sometimes the network stability or network security causes the problem.
    @VikramK ,
    Hi Vikram, can I ask you a question? I've been engaged with TomTom support but am not having much luck. Last message I got back was a link to the page on how to connect my TT Rider 550 via Wifi - as if they hadn't read any of the previous messages in the support ticket nor seen any of the images I had sent.
    Is there any way you can get my support ticket in some kind of a real support process? Right now it just feels they're bouncing FAQ responses off ....
    RoadRider wrote: »
    @Crmx

Anny news?

If still stuck, are you able to test on another known good (WiFi)network.
    Map updates are large. Sometimes the network stability or network security causes the problem.

Got side tracked with business travel and then the whole Corona situation.
    To answer your question - yes, tried another wifi, tried hard wired, different laptops.

I'm based in Belgium - was getting TT support in Dutch, now been getting responses in German. At this point I just want to return the device to TT for repair...
  • Andrew1944Andrew1944 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I'm having the same issue except mine starts over from 0% and goes up to 99%. I've tried ll the steps listed above multiple times and still can't get it to work. Among other issues I'm also finding the TomTom Home won't recognize my device on the rare occasion I can get it to stop updating, if I try to connect the tomtom to my computer while its connected to wifi it disables the wifi (and yes I've followed the tomtom suggestions to fix that problem from the website and it hasn't worked) and at this point I have no idea what to do. I've spent about 3-4 hours trying to get the GPS to work and I feel like for a device as expensive as this its ridiculous that it should take so much effort just to be able to update maps.
    Andrew1944 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue except mine starts over from 0% and goes up to 99%. I've tried ll the steps listed above multiple times and still can't get it to work. Among other issues I'm also finding the TomTom Home won't recognize my device on the rare occasion I can get it to stop updating, if I try to connect the tomtom to my computer while its connected to wifi it disables the wifi (and yes I've followed the tomtom suggestions to fix that problem from the website and it hasn't worked) and at this point I have no idea what to do. I've spent about 3-4 hours trying to get the GPS to work and I feel like for a device as expensive as this its ridiculous that it should take so much effort just to be able to update maps.

Let's compare notes. First I get the turning circle, then endless loop of 75%-99% and back for days and then finally the dreaded 'update failed' screen. Is that also what you have?

Been trying to get TT support to help me on this for almost 2 months now and close to give up. I really regret buying my device directly from TomTom. If I had bought it in a shop, i could have at least spoken to a real person to see what I could do to get it fixed....
  • WolfdogWolfdog Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Any fixes for this i have the same problem
  • MarcuskMarcusk Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I've a dead unit in my garage after an update killed it.
    It's dead, along with any chance of my ever buying a TomTom product again.