Update issues with the TomTom GO 520- Oops we are having trouble accessing tomtom services — TomTom Community

Update issues with the TomTom GO 520- Oops we are having trouble accessing tomtom services

I’ve been trying to update my 520 all afternoon with the same message appearing Oops we are having trouble accessing Tom Tom services. This seems to be a major on going issue with Tom Tom lately, what the hell are we paying for?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,914
    Superuser
    Hi @Jaym1974

Does your 520 serial number start with M2 or M4 if so it is a very old model and has been declared obsolete.

If it is a Current GO520 wifi model then generally this doe snot need a PC to be updated but can be done by connecting it directly to the Wifi.

can you please advise what model you have.

Doug
  • Jaym1974Jaym1974 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Go520 with WiFi. My internet has no issues it’s just getting the unit to speak to Tom Tom to update. Having absolutely no luck what so ever.

We are having trouble accessing TomTom services, please try again later.

It’s infuriating
    Superuser
    Hi @Jaym1974

I have just tried to download a small map and I am getting a similar problem so I suspect there may be a server issue at the moment. Maybe try a little later.

Doug
  • Jaym1974Jaym1974 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for trying. It’s not the first time this has happened recently though. TomTom are going to end up losing a lot of long term customers.

Thanks again
    Superuser
    Hi @Jaym1974

Worked okay this morning. Loaded and deleted a map fine.

Doug