Go Basic Doesn't Start — TomTom Community

Go Basic Doesn't Start

Hi Everyone

I just connected my GoBasic to my computer and also connected it to Wifi, Started the update and after about 10 mins it just shut off.
Tried holding the power on for 15 secs and yes it does come on but soon as the logo appears it flickers and switches off again.
Any ideas?
Kinda really need this for work or im screwed lol.

Regards

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,662
    Superusers
    Are you sure the battery's not flat?
    You can charge it with a smartphone charger for about 2 hours and then try again
  • MDruce1980MDruce1980 Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Will try that thank you :)
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Are you sure the battery's not flat?
    You can charge it with a smartphone charger for about 2 hours and then try again

Did as you said, let it charge for 2 hours and tried again, the Tomtom logo comes up and flashes white and nothing.
    God this is annoying need it for my job. :-(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,429
    Superusers
    Hi
    @MDruce1980

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
    edited February 2020
    There is no drum roll, just the logo and then flashes white and goes off, i dont think it finished installing the update either.
    Very weird.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @MDruce1980

Is the Logo the normal Tomtom logo
    Or
    A picture of a Computer with a large red cross to the right-hand side

ATB YFM
    Tomtom logo
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @MDruce1980

I think I would Ring Tomtom Support on Monday....
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

There is a repair process called Recovery Mode....
    BUT you need to be able to your device to the to the screen displaying black and white text
    Watch the Video in the link to theTomtom FAQ.... Recovery Mode...
    Here...http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/~/navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Recovery mode usually rolls the NavKit Back to the previous version
    Warning... I would not use Recovery Mode on just a whim... In my experience, anyone trying to activate Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Try at your own risk all the normal exclusions apply

ATB YFM