maps disappeared, will not update, device recognised briefly before disconnecting — TomTom Community

maps disappeared, will not update, device recognised briefly before disconnecting

LouieGLouieG Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
please help! I have been going round in circles for months. I can log in but nothing will update. All the problems started when I changed laptops to windows 10 platform - it is only recognised sometimes, and then quickly disconnects saying 'no device is connected'. At some point I then got an error saying 'no maps found' and have never been able to get them back. I have tried a different computer and different ports and connectors. Any ideas?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,079
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @LouieG

Re "Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work

On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu... You will need to edit the Registry before the USB Selective Suspend menu will display (See Note... (4) below)

Laptop users also see Note (1) (2) & (3)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

kt9idp9azgzl.jpgNote...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

Note... (3) Thanks User 333....
    (Quote)... Just had a similar problem with new Dell XPS 13 7390 (running Windows 10) which only comes with USB-C port. Found that I was able to update my TomTom Via 225 (using a supplied USB-C to USB-3 cable/hub) only after changing this setting in Windows 10:
    Settings - Device - USB - Un-tick this box: 'Stop devices when my screen is off to help save battery'
    If you're having problems with connected devices, clear the check-box (End Quote)

Note... (4) Editing the Registry... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

ATB YFM
  • LouieGLouieG Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited February 2020
    Yes! Thank you! the usb regedit worked on my dell laptop and then managed to reset my device and 2 hours later - all maps reinstalled and ready to use again! Thank you so very much. This brings to an end months of frustration. I am a very happy bunny. I know where to come next time I have a problem.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,079
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @LouieG

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    To help others in the community... If my reply answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes'To... Did this answer the question? 'Yes'< >' No'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM