Turn off 'gas station' display on GO 620? — TomTom Community

Turn off 'gas station' display on GO 620?

Is there any way I can turn off 'gas stations' to keep from showing them on my TomTom GO 620 Wifi?

Turning off 'charging stations' is easy but there appears to be no way to turn off 'gas stations'.

Thanks for your help.

planckster

Best Answers

• plancksterplanckster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 2020 Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan,
    By golly, you were exactly right. That fixed my problem. Thank you very much.
    Too bad there's no info about this online or in the owner's manual. Sigh!
    Thanks again.

Answers

• plancksterplanckster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 2020 Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan,
    By golly, you were exactly right. That fixed my problem. Thank you very much.
    Too bad there's no info about this online or in the owner's manual. Sigh!
    Thanks again.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,472
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @planckster

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    Download Tomtom GO 620 User Guide....
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/index.htm
    ATB YFM
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited February 2020
    Hi @YamFazMan

I have been trying to get rid of gas stations in the route bar of my Rider 550, so, I was really excited when I saw your answer above. I went to my Rider, followed your instructions, but there was no option to suppress gas stations when I got to Menu --> Setting --> Appearance --> Route bar.

Do you know if it is possible to suppress gas station display on a Rider 550?

Michael
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,923
    Superuser
    edited February 2020
    Hi @ST1300_PanEuropean

Just to double check, as I have not got a Rider, but did you Tap the words Route Information. This opens a list of further options including Parking, Petrol Stations etc.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,472
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @ST1300_PanEuropean

As Doug says, did you drill right down though all of the the sub menus ???, I would be surprised if the US/Canada device was any different

UK & Europe Rider 550

4qjaltdl63xd.jpg Note... Scroll the open 'Route Information' menu up to show the 'Ferries and car shuttle trains' On/Off option....

ATB YFM
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited February 2020
    @YamFazMan , @DougLap

Hi YamFazMan, Doug:

Thanks for that screen-shot above, and for Doug's suggestion above that, they helped me find the correct menu.

Turns out I was not drilling down far enough into the menu structure. To get to the menu shown in your picture above, I had to do the following:

Settings ---> Appearance ---> Route Bar ---> Route Information (tap on Route Information).

My problem was that when I first saw 'Route Information', with a few toggle choices below it (Show Current Time, etc.), I though that was as far down as the menus went - so I didn't tap on the word 'Route Information' to get to the screen you provided a photo of above.

Again, thanks for your help with this - my problem is now solved.

Michael