Pop up chat scam — TomTom Community

Pop up chat scam

Steven1957Steven1957 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,
Does anybody have a valid email address for the TomTom company? I was almost scammed by a bogus chat window on their website at the weekend and I need to make a serious complaint. Cant find email address or valid phone number. Its almost as though they dont want to be found.

Additionally, why has the company decided that my perfectly functional GO XXL is no longer supported and if I want new maps I have to pay £260 for another one? That is nothing short of scandalous. With the rise in popularity of map applications on mobile phones I would have thought that TomTom would be doing their best to keep loyal customers (I've used them since 2007) rather than drive them away....

Has anyone else experienced this pop-up chat window scam? I obtained a phone number from it, but is it a kosher TomTom number? I suspect not......

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,904
    Superuser
    edited February 2020
    Hi @Steven1957

What website address did you get the pop up window in? A screen shot would be good.

The XXL units only have 2 gb of internal memory and no means of adding additional memory and so there is a lack of space to include the operating software and the increasing in size maps as new roads, developments and housing etc are added. The latest models have 16gb of internal memory and the ability to add up to 32gb of extra memory. The current Europe map for these devices is circa 9gb. The latest TT iPhone App with UK, France, Spain and Belgium only takes up 6.75gb fo memory.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,097
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Steven1957

Like most commercial companies the links to the various aspects of the Website are a the bottom of the Forum Home Page....

Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

Or... Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Or... Click on the Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You need to be logged into the site for the Email Direct link to work
    Note... If your using Firefox, try a different browser Firefox can be problematic with the Direct Email link

There is a logic to to Drilling down through the appropriate links, if you follow the correct menu flow, it takes you to the Support pages and the comprehensive Tomtom FAQ lists where in most cases the answer can be found and problem solved :)
    This in turn reduces the demand on the Support lines and shortens the delay/response times for when only a Phone Call and Email enquiry will resolve the issue....

Phone Numbers for Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new/p1

ATB YFM