TomTom rider 550 does not go with the mydrive app use android 1 — TomTom Community

TomTom rider 550 does not go with the mydrive app use android 1

DesmoAntoDesmoAnto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 18 in RIDER
Hello everyone, I have a TomTom rider 550, which I can't get it to work with the app.
Practically after connecting it with the phone if I get an SMS it reads it to me, while if a call comes in by pressing the green handset nothing happens, and the phone continues to ring.
I am deeply disappointed!

Mod edit: Machine translated(Italian)

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Hi @DesmoAnto

Try a Soft Reset. Turn the Unit on and when ready to use hold the ON/OFF button down for 20 seconds plus until your hear a drumroll sound then let the button go.

Doug
  • kieronkieron Posts: 380
    Superusers
    Google translated:

Hello everyone, I have a TomTom rider 550, which I can't get it to work with the app.
    Practically after connecting it with the phone if I get an SMS it reads it to me, while if a call comes in by pressing the green handset nothing happens, and the phone continues to ring.
    I am deeply disappointed!
  • DesmoAntoDesmoAnto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    ho fatto di tutto, resettato e mandato in assistenza, ma niente non ne vuole sapere.
    volevano creare un qualcosa di veramente speciale ma che ad un certo punto si sono trovati davanti ad un qualcosa più grande di loro.
    deluso a massimo
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 475 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Can you tell us the type of headset an phone you are using?

And how did you pair the headset with your Phone and Rider?

Can you undo all Bluetooth connections and retry using the video above.
  • DesmoAntoDesmoAnto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 3
    I really tried everything, and if I say everything, believe me, I have seen all the tutorials but nothing does not want to know.
    I use Avant interphone headsets and huawei p30 pro phone

Mod edit: Machine transalted(Italian)
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 475 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I have the Rider 550, Interphone Tour and a Motorola X4 and this combination works.

First remove all the old Bluetooth connections from all devices.
    Update the Interphone firmware. (If not done already)

In my case I have to install the Interphone headset app on my phone.
    Pair en test the interphone with your Phone (A2DP)
    (answering a phone call using the button on your headset and listening to music from your phone should work now)

install the MyDrive App and pair the Rider to the Phone using the QR code.
    (The Rider should be connected to TomTom traffic now even if you are outside WiFi Range)

Pair your interphone headset to the Rider and open the settings and only enable the HSP profile (so deselect A2DP)
    (Now you must be able to listen to navigation instructions and answer phone calls on your Rider)

The Huawei P30 Pro can sometimes have problems with Bluetooth connections because the old connection is still in the hidden Cache. To solve this you have to clear te hidden cache on your phone.

• Marek76Marek76 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and found that when I try accept/reject incomming call using Rider this brakes bluetooth connection. Accept/Reject by mobile or headset works fine.

Looking for solution too.