Export to TomTom Sports — TomTom Community

Export to TomTom Sports

Edo7Edo7 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm pretty happy with my near 4 years old Spark watch but it won't last forever and Im wondering if it's possible to export activities from other watchs to the Tomtom app as I also like it and would like to keep using it in the future. Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,347
    Superusers
    No, you can export out of the TT app but not into it. You should consider switching to Strava or another non-brand app so that you can switch watch brands without data concerns. You can bulk download all your activities under your account settings.
  • Edo7Edo7 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your response. Yeah, I'm already using Strava and Endomondo (thought this one measurements are pretty different from the ones I see on the other two apps, but I like the points system from the TomTom Sports app, are there any other apps offering something similar or gamified somehow? Thank you
  • LeeRSALeeRSA Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh, Please can you explain to me what the recovery score on a TT adventure means? I see the number displayed at the end of the 1 minute recovery time, but i dont know what the displayed number means or is used for?

Thanks
    Superusers
    LeeRSA wrote: »
    tfarabaugh, Please can you explain to me what the recovery score on a TT adventure means? I see the number displayed at the end of the 1 minute recovery time, but i dont know what the displayed number means or is used for?

Thanks

All that indicates is how many beats per minute your heart rate dropped in the first minute after you paused it. It is not an indicator of recovery; it is just a meaningless statistic. It will vary greatly on the type of exercise done, if there was a cool down period included and any number of other factors. It is also no uploaded or saved anywhere so it is not even comparable over time.
  • Edo7Edo7 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    The points system is total nonsense unfortunately and does not follow its own internal logic, let along any outside logic. All the sites have something similar, be it a recovery score or a suffer score.

Why do you think is nonsense? I feel that is a good way to evaluate one's effort, probably not very accurate but a good indicator
    Superusers
    Edo7 wrote: »
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    The points system is total nonsense unfortunately and does not follow its own internal logic, let along any outside logic. All the sites have something similar, be it a recovery score or a suffer score.

Why do you think is nonsense? I feel that is a good way to evaluate one's effort, probably not very accurate but a good indicator

It is nonsense as the numbers are basically random, it has no meaning behind it and does not tie to reality. It is neither accurate nor consistent and tells you nothing of any value.