IMEI — TomTom Community

IMEI

Where can I find the IMEI number for my PremiumX I have followed previous suggestions on different threads but it does not appear to be there on the Unit.
I use a free website https://www.immobilise.com/ that is connected to the UK police data base which would be useful for reporting Stolen sat nav if needed.

Best Answers

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 231 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited February 2020 Accepted Answer
    Go to Menu - Settings - System - About then scroll down to see the IMEI data and SIM ID etc ( but do not have the device connected via USB / Wi-fi as the internal SIM will be disconnected)
  • powerpack36powerpack36 Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Niall wrote: »
    @powerpack36

As per my PM
    As to finding it on the device itself, it is possible as long as you are out of range of a known WiFi network, so that GPRS is connected, then the MCC/MNC and IMEI are displayed via Menu > Settings > System > About

Ok Ill Try driving away from the House and I will try again,I will let you know shortly.
    @powerpack36

As per my PM
    As to finding it on the device itself, it is possible as long as you are out of range of a known WiFi network, so that GPRS is connected, then the MCC/MNC and IMEI are displayed via Menu > Settings > System > About

Spot on, I got caught out with being connected to my Wifi (GPRS Disconectted), once out of range of the wifi the Gprs shows and the menu expands showing .

Data Connection
    Built in Sim
    Imei ********************

Why customer service could not have explained it I do not know,anyway it shows why these Discussion boards are Important.
    Well Done I can now register it on https://www.immobilise.com/

Many thanks to Niall ,Vikramk & Lost Soul :)

Answers

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 231 [Exalted Navigator]
    Go to Menu - Settings - System - About then scroll down to see the IMEI data and SIM ID etc ( but do not have the device connected via USB / Wi-fi as the internal SIM will be disconnected)
    Lost_Soul wrote: »

This does not work on the Premuim X, but thanks for your input.
    @powerpack36

See my comments here https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1020837/stolen-devices-with-sims-what-tomtom-can-and-cant-do

So I think you will have to contact Customer Services to get your IMEI :(

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Thanks for the Reply, The short of it is NO they will not give the Imei number.
    I will pm you.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator
    Hi @powerpack36

Is this the same device that was linked to your account in July 2019?

Regards
    Vikram
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @VikramK

Is it right that Customer Services have stopped giving out IMEI numbers?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator

Is it right that Customer Services have stopped giving out IMEI numbers?

No, I don't see any reason why they can't provide it unless they don't have the serial number.

@powerpack36

Could you provide me the incident number for your contact?

Thanks
    Vikram.
    edited February 2020
    Thank you All,
    I contacted customer services on 02079 490 134 so no Incident number.
    I was advised first to got through settings which I did, serial number is there but no imei number,I was then told that the Imei number is not available.
    I only have the one item registered Go Premium X and it would have been around that date.
    I have been advised to try and find the Box as it Might be on the Box, how many people keep boxes?
    I have the Serial Number and quoted it to them.
    Accepted Answer
    @powerpack36

As per my PM

Ok Ill Try driving away from the House and I will try again,I will let you know shortly.
    @powerpack36

As per my PM

Spot on, I got caught out with being connected to my Wifi (GPRS Disconectted), once out of range of the wifi the Gprs shows and the menu expands showing .

Data Connection
    Built in Sim
    Imei ********************

Why customer service could not have explained it I do not know,anyway it shows why these Discussion boards are Important.
    Well Done I can now register it on https://www.immobilise.com/

Many thanks to Niall ,Vikramk & Lost Soul :)
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    @powerpack36

Glad you got the required information. The other way instead of moving your device out of the Wifi- range (my devices can still be connected some 50 yards away from the house!) is to go into Settings then Wi-fi - select your network connection - Modify - Forget Network, but after getting the information you have to reconnect to the network again.

Thanks again Lost Soul,
    Where I got caught out is when it connected to Bt Fon, i was out of range of my Wifi but it connected to Bt Fon.
    I told it to forget Fon and wallah .
    Once again thank you all. B)