GO Basic. Wherever I like to drive it starts from the same point? — TomTom Community

GO Basic. Wherever I like to drive it starts from the same point?

agerager Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Using my TOMTOM Go Basic since one year I recently get always the same starting point on the map which is not the position of my car?
Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,737
    Superusers
    Hello

The device locates itself, and then calculates the route from the current location to the destination. If it has not located itself (grey triangle), it takes the last location or the home address if it was saved.
    If no home address is stored, it assumes an unknown point on the map.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,475
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ager

Have you obtained a GPS Satellite lock ???
    If your device is showing a small Satellite Dish at the top of the Traffic Bar your device has not synced with the GPS Satellites and their Clocks

d3c5q4pjl6sq.jpg
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh and Clears the on-board Memory Working Space....

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the First Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654017/#Comment_1654017

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,475
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ager

Just an afterthought
    Have you set a Home Location...
    I use a nearby location not my actual location, if the device gets stolen, you wouldn't want to guide a thief to your front door

ATB YFM
  • ΑΘΑΝΑΘΑΝ Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    To BIG:

Thanks for the advise. "Might you have you pressed and held a spot on the map and accidentally selected "Use as starting point"?

How could I delete it?
  • ΑΘΑΝΑΘΑΝ Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    TO BIG:

Thanks a lot