Downloading and installing lifetime maps for free — TomTom Community

Downloading and installing lifetime maps for free

swiftfootswiftfoot Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi. I have a TomTom Go5100 with lifetime world maps. I want to install South Africa map. I can find the map for sale at £89 but I cant find how to down load this map to my Go for free (ie: Lifetime World Map).
I would be grateful for any guidance and advice please. Thanks. Chris

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,478
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @swiftfoot

You will have to wait until Monday for @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators to check the status of your account... The World Maps may not have been activated for you account....

ATB YFM
  • swiftfootswiftfoot Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks. It should be activated since I have used it in the past successfully :(
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    edited February 2020
    Hi @swiftfoot

Can you firstly check that your device is logged into your account as well as the My Drive Connect Software being logged into the account as well..

Can you confirm that when you go to Maps in My Drive Connect with the device connected you do not see about 13 African maps including one covering South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho.

Before you do could you try a Soft Reset ie turn the unit on and when ready hold the ON/OFF button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

Doug
  • swiftfootswiftfoot Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I will have a go - thanks Doug