How to transfer "Kate (British)" voice from GO 910 to XL IQ GPS? — TomTom Community

How to transfer "Kate (British)" voice from GO 910 to XL IQ GPS?

is it possible to transfer "Kate (British)" voice from my GO 910 to my XL IQ GPS? if so, how can I do this? thank you very much.

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,470 Moderator
    edited February 14
    Hi wlatmitty

Do you have a back up of it stored on the computer? Or if the file is available on your GO 910, you can copy that and past it to the internal memory of the XL device(same location)

It is a cab or a zip file, I am not 100% sure though.

Regards
    Vikram
  • waltmittywaltmitty Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Here's what I have discovered: on the GO 910 I have files from data00.chk & data00.vif thru data60.chk & data60.vif. data71 & data 74 each have a bmp, chk, tlv & vif. data77 & data78 have chk, tlv & vif files. data117 thru data119 each have chk & vif files. From the Change Voice menu on the device I can choose and Test all the voices. On the XL IQ GPS all I have are data07 thru data 09 each with chk & vif files. Also a data77 group with chk, vif and a tlv file. From the Change Voice menu on the device I can only choose "ATC, English US (data77?), and Bonnie English, Lori and Richard, English US" voices. In the "From Device" folder on the computer I have the same data00 thru data60 and data117 thru 119 files as on the GO 910 . Also a data71 group with bmp, chk, tlv & vif files. Also a data74 group(Hungarian accent?) with a bmp,chk, tlv, toc & a zip file with a bmp, chk & vif file in it). Same for a data77 group (ATC?)without the bmp. A data78 group has chk, tlv &vif files. And a data 98 group(Yiddish voice?) contains a toc file and a zip file with a chk and vif file in it. How do I copy "Kate English UK" from the GO 910 to the XL IQ? I do not know which data group it is. thank you very much.